| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Awe..... Now Here's Lynn Owsly
Delbert Aldredge

Willis, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 27 Jul 2005 3:12 pm    

Hearing Ernest Tubb call your name has got to be the most rewarding moment in ones playing career...imagine, driving down the road listening to "oldies but goldies" and the D.J. plays a cut from an Ernest Tubb with friends C.D. such as Driving Nails in my Coffin, then Ernest breaks and says "awe now here's(your name)...how would you feel?........

Lynn, "tell us what you feel"......WOW!..AWESOME!!!
Lynn Owsley

Hendersonville, Tennessee
Post  Posted 30 Jul 2005 3:59 am    

Delbert,Like you mentioned it is still a very good feeling...ET made Billy Byrd known world wide and gave recognition to many more Troubadours in this way...
I'm often driving down the road tuned to XM Radio,Hank's Place,(I usually get my best sleep while driving)and when ET introduces a Troubadour it never fails to wake me!!!
And if its me he calls, I still take off my hat and bow with a big ole grin...
My latest CD is called"Ahhh Lynn Again" In honor of Ernest Tubb and his way of honoring us...
Charles Curtis

Post  Posted 30 Jul 2005 10:20 am    

I had a favorite bar in Fussa, Japan (Yokota AB) back in the 60s. After a long flight I would stop by, the bartender would recognize me, then pour me a drink and put on an Ernest Tubb LP. Ah, the good ol' days.......I can still smell that kerosene heater.
Delbert Aldredge

Willis, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 6 Aug 2005 3:44 am    

Lynn, thanks for your response. I always tried to attend Ernest's show when he performed in Lufkin, TX. - sorry I never got to meet you. I enjoy your style of picking. I'll make it a point to watch for you in the future....."keep that big ole smile, you've earned it"!

Warmest Regards,

Delbert
Lyle Clary

Decatur, Illinois, KC9VCB
Post  Posted 6 Aug 2005 12:54 pm    

Hey Lynn, I have some pictures of you dancing with another steel player's wife at a steel conference in southern Illinois this spring. For a price I will sell them and the negatives to you. See you in St. Louie. I will be at Charlies place looking at Derby's

------------------
1969 ZB Custom D10, BMI S10, 1981 Peavy Musician Mark III, 15 Inch Black Widow, custom enclosure
Buck Reid

Nashville,TN
Post  Posted 8 Aug 2005 10:37 am    

When i was 12(1974),my Dad took me to see E.T. and Lynn was playing. I sat on the corner of the stage next to Lynn's guitar the whole show, glued to everything that he and Pete Mitchell were doing. After the show we met and talked,he introduced me to E.T. and for anyone,much less a 12 year old aspiring steel player,it was an unforgettable experience. My best to you Lynn where ever you are,thanks for the great memory!!
Dan Galysh

Hendersonville, Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 8 Aug 2005 2:37 pm    

My experience with Lynn kind of mirrors Buck's story.
Back in 1976, when I was 12, My dad and mom started to take me to ET concerts where I got interested in steel guitar through Lynn's playing. When dad took me to Nashville to get my first steel, Lynn was kind enough to come down to the Sho-Bud factory to test drive my new guitar.
Thanks, Lynn for all of your help. There's no telling how many others you have influenced.

Dan