| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Any Kemper users tried the Kone yet as a monitor?
Scott Denniston

Hahns Peak, Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 5 Jun 2021 2:56 pm    

I've got the unpowered rack mount Kemper and have ordered one of Jay Ganz's "Straight Ahead Power Amps" to go from the monitor out. First I'll try it into a 15" Evans (Eminence) Eclipse speaker. I think that will work great but I'm curious if anyone here has tried the 12" Kemper Kone as a monitor speaker and what you think of it for both E9 and C6.
Alan Murphy

N Ireland
Post  Posted 14 Aug 2024 5:41 am     Kemper Kone Driver

I have recently bought a used Kemper Power Rack which has the integrated 600W power amplifier

I have just ordered the Kemper Kone speaker driver and will build a case for it with the same dimensions as the Kemper cabinet

I think the advantage of using the Kone as a monitor from the powered version is that a Kone option on the power amp uniquely compensates for the Kone frequency response and creates effectivly an FRFR powered speaker.

I dont think frequency response curves are available for the Kone but I hope to be able to generate frequency response curves for the Kone and then with integrated amp compensation

If you feed the output to an FRFR front of house and you have an FRFR monitor behind you then in theory you should accuratly hear the same sound as the audience

Has anyone tried this, success or otherwise ?

Thanks
Alan..