| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Rickenbacher Model B 'Panda' ~ VGC SOLD
Mark Santi

Florida, USA
Post  Posted 8 Jun 2018 1:47 pm    

most of you already know this.....
Beautiful, classic, sweet sounding Rickenbacker Model B Model Lap Steel Electric Guitar, c. 1948, made in Los Angeles, California.

Polished black finish, molded bakelite body and neck, original chipboard case. A nice, just post-WWII example of the original Rickenbacker Electro Model B-6 six-string bakelite steel guitar.

These instruments were the standard of their day and are still generally considered the finest lap steel ever made.

This B-6 features the second version of the famous horseshoe magnet pickup with the smaller 1 1/4" magnets and surrounding mounting flange with strings loading thru the tailpiece section. The body is molded black bakelite with hollow cavities covered by off-white enameled metal plates; the screwed-on neck has integral molded frets and nut with inset white plastic position dots.The pickup is adjustable for height with slot-head screws. The volume and tone controls are on the treble side equipped with the original black plastic "flying saucer" knobs used up into the 1950's. The pickup mounting flange is marked with the patent number, with a bakelite saddle mounted directly in front of it. The headstock carries the large post war "Rickenbacher Electro" T-shaped metal nameplate. This is a fine sounding B-6, a great example of the classic Rickenbacker steel guitar.Overall length is 29 3/4 in. (75.6 cm.), 9 1/4 in. (23.5 cm.) wide at lower bout, and 1 3/4 in. (4.4 cm.) in depth at side, taken at the end block. Scale length is 22 1/2 in. (572 mm.). Width of nut is 2 1/4 in. (57 mm.). All original; overall very, very clean.Very good, powerful sound- a nice gigging example of an early postwar Bakelite Rickenbacker. Generally Excellent Condition, as shown.

I should note the back has what almost looks like a paisley pattern, but it's the back, so who cares.

The original chipboard case doesn't deserve to carry this fine steel, but it's protected the axe for 80 years, giving up it's own life

Last edited by Mark Santi on 19 Jun 2018 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dave Meis

Olympic Peninsula, Washington, USA
Post  Posted 9 Jun 2018 5:03 pm    

Price? Did I miss it?
Andy DePaule

Saigon, Viet Nam & Springfield, Oregon
Post  Posted 10 Jun 2018 6:30 pm     Everything sold has a price?

Everything sold has a price, so how much are you trying to get for this? Rolling Eyes Question
Magnatone Jeweltone Series Lap Steel, Circa 1950? 6 String with F#minor7th Tuning.
1956 Dewey Kendrick D-8 4&3, Restoration Project.
1973 Sho~Bud Green SD-10 4&5 PSG, Restoration Project.
David Rankin

British Columbia, Canada
Post  Posted 11 Jun 2018 1:40 pm     Interested in your Rick - how much do you want for it?

That's a nice look Rick all right. I'm interested in it. How much are you asking for it?
I have a US shipping address, so it wouldn't have to be shipped here to Canada.

Just let me know.
Thanks!
- Dave
Amps: Nashville 112, 65' Blackface Reissue
Bars: Bullet
Mark Santi

Florida, USA
Post  Posted 14 Jun 2018 3:50 am    

sorry peeps, I'm looking for $1099 plus a little ship
thanks