| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  For Sale - GFI S10
Bill Ribas

New York, USA
Post  Posted 19 Sep 2016 11:14 am    

Ok, so here's my sad story -I bought this off a dealer out west over a decade ago, I was going to learn pedal steel, dazzle my friends, and enjoy playing sitting down. But I'm an idiot, basically had a really expensive coat rack, because I can't wrap my head around pedal steel playing (my issue). Fast forward to today, I need some gear for the regular guitar, but no capital, so it saddens me that I have to sell it.

Now the guitar - I was told it belonged to a guy in Nashville who was a musical director of some show, and he was moving up the ladder, getting a nicer one. There were a bunch of stickers on it that I took off, but no name badge (which makes sense if it was a tv show, since they always black out guitar names). It plays great, sounds great, has 3 foot pedals and 5 knee levers. Yep, 5, which makes it unusual as far as I can tell, and more of a guitar for a professional kind of guy. I don't know what model GFI it is, and I can't find a serial number, but I will look again just to be sure.

I have a bunch of pics I can send if you want to look, just let me know.

I would like to get what I paid for it, which was $1200 if I remember, I will cover shipping, and can toss in a few extras I have here, like a couple of tone bars, an adjusting wrench, and a dvd or two. Somewhere there is a volume pedal too, and if I can find that, it's yours. If the amount seems too high, make me a decent offer, I'm not looking to retire off this sale, just don't want to lose the whole farm, if you know what I mean.

Thanks for looking

Update - I promised to send pics or add more - I added a few today (9/27), I can't find the charger for my dslr, and the camera on my phone is pretty bad. I apologize for being an idiot, and will get better pics out to those who emailed as soon as I can.

Last edited by Bill Ribas on 27 Sep 2016 10:11 am; edited 2 times in total
Steven Meister

California, USA
Post  Posted 19 Sep 2016 11:20 am    

PM sent.
Jeff Harbour

Western Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 19 Sep 2016 11:28 am    

If you bought it more than a decade ago... and it has five levers... then it is likely an Ultra model, unless it is a very early GFI (I know there were some significant design differences in the early 90's compared to todays GFI's.). That one does look very different, I'm not aware of any GFI's with actual endplates.

The serial number should be etched on the underside of the frame, but again that may be different on early ones.

If it is in-fact an Ultra and still in good shape, then it should be worth at least what you are asking.

Also, since it has the rear pad, it is actually an "SD-10". You may increase your views if you change the heading to reflect that.

Last edited by Jeff Harbour on 19 Sep 2016 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Alex Johnson

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 19 Sep 2016 11:39 am    

Pm sent

Newark Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 19 Sep 2016 3:05 pm     under carridge

could you post some underneath pics showing the changer?
Music is good for the soul..playing it is even better! Gretsch6strLapSteel*PeaveyNashville400*HudsonSD-10*DigitechRP360*FenderChampion100*PeaveyKB300*Goodrich120*Behringerx1204*BehringerMini4*Mullen S10"Discovery"*Peavey Vegas400*Princeton112plus*SuperChampX2*SidekickReverb65*Rumble100*MarshallMG50DFX*Nashville112
Bob Snelgrove

san jose, ca
Post  Posted 19 Sep 2016 5:36 pm    

more pics!

bob
Dave Ziebarth

Rockville, MD
Post  Posted 22 Sep 2016 5:34 am    

PM sent.
Steven Black

Gahanna, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 22 Sep 2016 10:23 am     Gfi 10

Well looking at it closer, I do not think it is GFI changer is but not the rest of the guitar.