| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Ozark Mtn. Hoedown Show Featuring Eddie Snow
norma qualls

siloam springs ar
Post  Posted 9 Jul 2005 11:43 am    

Wanted to let everyone know about this great show. Most shows are the same every year but so far this one has changed and is better than the last. I especially enjoyed Dwayne, (bass player and part owner,) singing the Merle Haggard's songs. I didn't even know he could sing but he nailed them. Eddie was right there on the steel with every lick . Barbara, the keyboard player who use to play with the Presley's at Branson does a remarkable job of playing and singing. If I didn't look I would think old Jerry Lee was up there playing "Whole Lot of Shaking". Abcess was back doing a great job of singing and doing comedy. Guys, only one thing, on the Hee Haw part, you have to wear your overalls backwards!!!! We will be back. Great show and great people.
Sidney Ralph Penton

Moberly, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 10 Jul 2005 7:37 am    

when is this show. thanks doc

------------------
zum SD10 peavy vegas 400 peavy session 400 steelseats they are great at sales@steelseats.com
if its not a zum steel it isn't real

Bill Myrick

Pea Ridge, Ar. (deceased)
Post  Posted 10 Jul 2005 2:35 pm    

see if this helps - www.hoedown.net -
norma qualls

siloam springs ar
Post  Posted 11 Jul 2005 3:04 pm    

Sorry, the show is in Eureka Springs, Ar.I think 6 nights a week. They have a bludgrass warm up before the show featuring Eddie Snow on the banjo which he plays very good even tho I know steel players aren't too impressed with banjo picking but there are some songs that require it. This shows starts at 7:30 pm. The country,gospel, and comedy starts at 8:00 pm. There is something for all ages to enjoy at this show. I didn't mention Randall who plays drums and a very mean lead guitar. This is a top notch show, hope you can attend one and I'm sure you'll agree! Way to go guys and gals!
RON PRESTON

Dodson, Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 11 Jul 2005 6:52 pm    

Norma,
Could U do me a "FAVOR" and let Mr. Eddie Snow know that I said "HI"? I haven't talked to him in a while. He once played steel for Mr.Trinny Triggs from Natchitoches, LA for a while, and so did I. I got in touch with Eddie through Trinny several years ago. Trinny's a Real "RIOT" to play for. Several Pickers that has played for him in the past told me that they NEVER KNEW what he was gonna do on Stage, if you know what I mean. I Bet Eddie knows what I'm talking about. Good Luck with the show, Guys. just One more thing. I HAVE to ASK this DUMB question........WHO is ABCESS? With a name like THAT, I would DRIVE the 7 hours from my home to Branson just to SEE & HEAR this.....HA,....ABCESS Character. I have played in Branson, and I noticed that Catchy Nicknames that Muscians & Performers go "Tag" themselves with is what Tourists will sometimes remember the most. Comedians in Branson will try to go by a "StageName" that's "CATCHY" to the ear & EASY to remember, Due to the Fact that many Tourists who return again to Branson will often times FORGET the Name of the THEATER, but, How are they gonna FORGET a name like ABCESS? I certainly wouldn't FORGET. I have NEVER in THIS life heard THAT one. I'm sorry Guys, But, To me, it just REALLY "Struck" me as ABSOLUTLY HALARIOUS. I just can't help but wonder though, what life is REALLY like for 'Ol "ABCESS." You all remember the boy named "SUE"? Well, I don't think that his name has NOTHING on....."ABCESS". Hee,Hee..... What a HOOT.

------------------
Emmons S-10 4 & 5
Evans FET 500, Session 400 LTD, ProFex 11

[This message was edited by RON PRESTON on 11 July 2005 at 08:57 PM.]

Bob Hempker

Goodlettsville, TN.
Post  Posted 11 Jul 2005 8:59 pm    

Good to know Eddie's doing ok. I haven't seen him in quite some time. He's a good player and a great guy. Please tell Eddie I said hello, and if he gets up to Branson to stop and see me.

------------------
Terry Bethel

Hollister, Missouri (deceased)
Post  Posted 11 Jul 2005 9:11 pm    

I echo Bobby's words. Eddie is indeed a great player and super nice guy. Haven't seen him in awhile, but our guitar/banjo player, Steve Bush is good friends with Eddie and they both live in the Eureka Springs area so I get a message every once in awhile through Steve.
If you get a chance to see the Hoedown, it is a great show, after all, Eddie Snow is there.
Terry Bethel

[This message was edited by Terry Bethel on 11 July 2005 at 10:12 PM.]

ESnow

Berryville AR USA
Post  Posted 11 Jul 2005 10:24 pm    

Thanks everyone for all those nice things you said. Thanks Norma for the plug on the show. We have a good time every night, great cast of people to work with. Ron, tell Trini hello for me if you see him. Bobby and Terry, its always been an honor to me to call you guys great friends. Hope your both doing well. I'd like to get up and see ya both soon as I can. Terry, tell RP,Bush,Dean and Paul hello for me. I want to catch your show before the season is over. Look forward to meeting any forum members that might make it to Eureka Springs this summer. ESnow