| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Charleton
Wanda Cooper

Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 17 Oct 2009 7:54 am    

Hello Forumites. I felt it was a good time to update you on Buddy's condition. Things are going really well for him right now. He has finished his last chemo treatment for the year and is feeling pretty great, he says. The doctors will be re-evaluating him after the first of the year and will be recommending more treatments at that time. Do continue to pray with us that that will be unnecessary!

He has been relatively busy with his students, having taught two lessons yesterday and is teaching today. I told him I was going to give you an update today and asked if he minded having his picture taken. As you can see, he looks just great.

Again, he & Kay Lee thank all of you so much for your concern and letters and prayers!

Many blessings to all of you!

Wanda
Hook Moore

South Charleston,West Virginia
Post  Posted 17 Oct 2009 8:12 am    

Thank you for the update, he does look great ! My best wishes for continuing improving health Buddy.
Hook

Andy Sandoval

Bakersfield, California, USA
Post  Posted 17 Oct 2009 8:23 am    

This is very good news indeed! Thanks Wanda, and tell Buddy to keep on pickin. Very Happy
John LeMaster

North Florida
Post  Posted 17 Oct 2009 8:34 am    

Buddy looks like he is doing VERY well! I am hoping to schedule a lesson with this master of the pedal steel guitar.

Thanks for the update, Wanda.

John L.

Mineral Wells, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 17 Oct 2009 9:47 am    

In the past, Buddy was very nice to me. He took the time to snswer my questions and show me licks.It has always been a pleasure to hear him play. I will pray that things go well for him. Ted
Jack Dougherty

Spring Hill, Florida, USA
Post  Posted 17 Oct 2009 10:49 am    

Having gone through treatments myself, I can only wish Buddy my best. I,m sure all will be well. The Doctors can do wonder these days. Looking forward to many years of BC music.

JD

TC M1 XL
Peavey Nashville 400. Fox Mod
Various sundries and toys..
George Brown

Winston-Salem, NC, USA
Post  Posted 17 Oct 2009 11:12 am    

Wanda,
Thanks much for the update and photo of Buddy. Dont know that he is getting any handsomer (HA), but he does look Great. My Prayers, and thoughts will be with him as he continues his recovery.
George...
Bent Romnes

London,Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 17 Oct 2009 12:26 pm    

Buddy,
You don't know me but I felt compelled to write to you anyway.
I have read about your bouts with chemo and look up to you for your strength getting through it.

I have a sister, 64, with Waldenstrom's cancer. She has been through her second major chemo treatment in 4 years, so I have seen first-hand how much this cure takes out of a person. She has finally gotten over the worst of it, with the immunity cells steadily on the rise to combat infection. She just came back from a trip to Europe and is as good as we have seen her in about a year. It is truly a miracle.

You, sir, are a fighter in the best sense of the word. To see you back already, teaching your students and doing what you do best and love the most is truly a miracle in itself.

I am in touch with a steel player who took lessons from you and this man looks up to you like a father figure. I wish I'd had the opportunity to take lessons from a steel icon like you.

Looking at Youtube videos, I am amazed at your prowess as a pedal steel player, where you excelled at it some 45 years ago. You played at that time like I still wish I could play the steel today!

I wish you all the best in the future.
Take care my friend.
With sincere appreciation,
Bent Romnes
Ontario Canada
Eric West

Portland, Oregon, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 17 Oct 2009 1:15 pm    

I pray that God continues to help him the way he has helped me, and thank God for Bud's influence and example in my life. I've always owed every dime I ever made playing steel in the last thirty years to his two years of suffering trying to teach me.

In my case, the things I've gotten to conquer were not from my being tough, it's been asking God for help and letting his help flow through me.

I pray that it continues for both of us as long as god allows. And longer.

Thank you Bud for your music, and your example.

Smile

EJL
Bill Ford

Graniteville SC Aiken
Post  Posted 17 Oct 2009 4:59 pm    

Great news Buddy...Don't you just love it when a plan comes together? Hang in there and keep trusting the great healer..

My wife went through chemo two years ago for melanoma, her Dr. said at her last exam that everything looks really good, all traces are gone. I have a good idea what you are going through, having went through with her. All the best, and prayers for you, and your's.

Bill Ford
Jody Sanders

Magnolia,Texas, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 17 Oct 2009 5:16 pm    

Hi Buddy, Hang in there. You got a lot more pickin' to do. Jody.
Bruce Bouton

Nash. Tn USA
Post  Posted 17 Oct 2009 5:20 pm    

Great news Buddy. Hang in there. Bucky and I are going to come see you one of these days soon. We love you.
BB
Mike Cass

Post  Posted 17 Oct 2009 5:30 pm    

Buddy,

great news! Im so glad that things are going much better for you now. I'll never forget the kind phone call you gave me before I had a rather serious surgery some years ago. It really helped, and I want you to know that. I intend to return that favor, soon.
My prayers are for your recovery, peace, grace and happiness...and thanx Wanda for the update.

MC
steve takacs

beijing, china via pittsburgh (deceased)
Post  Posted 17 Oct 2009 5:31 pm     Tough Dude

Hi,Buddy, just wanted to thank you again for those lessons over one week several years back (which I still have on tape thankfully) & to let you know I'm thinking of you & hoping things continue to go well. You are one tough dude. To jog your memory,I'm the guy in the Hawaiian shirt on the guitar in the photo. Sincerely, steve t
Ernie Renn

Brainerd, Minnesota USA
Post  Posted 17 Oct 2009 6:46 pm    

Fantastic! He looks like he's doing pretty good, too!

Please tell Buddy we're all praying for him and Kay Lee!

Thanks, Wanda!
(Tell Billy Hi, too...)

www.BuddyEmmons.com
Tommy Detamore

Floresville, Texas
Post  Posted 17 Oct 2009 7:42 pm    

Thanks for the update Wanda! Buddy looks great! Tell him we are praying for him here in Texas!!!

www.cherryridgestudio.com
www.steelguitartracksonline.com
Pete Finney

Nashville Tn.
Post  Posted 18 Oct 2009 6:11 am    

Thanks for the update, Wanda, and the great photo...

And hello to Buddy and Kay Lee... There's an awful lot of us on here who owe him more than we can ever repay!
Charles Curtis

Post  Posted 18 Oct 2009 6:17 am     Buddy Charlton

Thank you Wanda; IMO you and Billy are the greatest ever!!! Please tell Buddy and Kay Lee that we are praying for them. I always enjoy coming to "Billy Coopers Music", shopping and visiting with you, Billy and Buddy. I have always enjoyed doing business with you.