| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Ray Price w/ Jim Loessberg
Tommy Detamore

Floresville, Texas
Post  Posted 26 Sep 2009 7:34 am    

For all of those in doubt, "The Chief" is back and is as good as ever! I had the pleasure of seeing and hearing Ray and his band at Willie's Night Life Theatre in Carl's Corner, TX this past Thursday night. Jim Loessberg played great as always (a steel guitar "clinic"!). Great crowd, nice people, nice venue...

I had the chance to visit with Ray at sound check and he was in great spirits. It was so wonderful to be able see this legend in action. If you get the chance to see this show by all means do it.

I also had the pleasure of meeting fellow forumite Wade Branch...

A great night all-around! Still jazzed about it!

www.cherryridgestudio.com
www.steelguitartracksonline.com
Glenn Suchan

Austin, Texas
Post  Posted 26 Sep 2009 4:42 pm    

Cool, Tommy! Cool I would've loved to have seen that show. Were you pickin' with an artist on the bill? If so, I'm sure your performance qualified as a "Steel Performance 101", also. You and Jim always inspire me with your talents. Smile My only complaint is, you both make it look soooo easy... Sad

Keep on pickin', amigo! Very Happy
Glenn

Magnolia,Texas, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 26 Sep 2009 4:44 pm    

You just can't beat the Chief and Jim. Jody.
BOBBY JACKS

Fort Madison, Iowa
Post  Posted 26 Sep 2009 6:01 pm     Tickets

Tommy What Did Tickets Cost ???
Tommy Detamore

Floresville, Texas
Post  Posted 26 Sep 2009 7:45 pm    

Quote:
Were you pickin' with an artist on the bill?

Howdy Glenn! Yes, with my pal Dallas Wayne...

Quote:
If so, I'm sure your performance qualified as a "Steel Performance 101", also.

Not hardly Sad But thanks bud....!!!

Quote:
Tommy What Did Tickets Cost ???

Bobby, I thought I heard that they were $30.00

BOBBY JACKS

Fort Madison, Iowa
Post  Posted 30 Sep 2009 9:17 am    

Thanks Tommy
Danny Hullihen

Harrison, Michigan
Post  Posted 2 Oct 2009 3:06 am     Tommy Detamore

Quote:
If so, I'm sure your performance qualified as a "Steel Performance 101".

Not hardly Sad But thanks bud....!!!

On the contrary Tommy, oh yes it certainly does qualify, and in fact, surpasses!! Anyone who has ever heard your playing on recordings or live would most certainly agree.
Mike Kowalik

San Antonio,Texas
Post  Posted 3 Oct 2009 6:07 am     Tommy D...

Anyone that knows Tommy D. is aware of how humble he is and that his steel picking and producing are both top shelf!!
Richard Damron

Gallatin, Tennessee, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 3 Oct 2009 7:07 am    

This seems to be the place to enter a comment since both Ray Price and Jim Loessberg are mentioned in the heading.

We attended the concert at the
Acuff Theater here in Nashville last evening. I might be imagining things but my feeling was tht Ray's voice was stronger and more vibrant than when we saw him at the Ryman Auditorium two years ago. Not too shabby for a gent who will be 84 years old come next January.

I must, however, register a mild complaint. I was really looking forward to seeing/hearing Jim Loessberg in the many steel breaks that Ray affords. We were in the sixth row, slightly off of center and, for the most part, Jim was barely audible. What I did hear, however, was first rate! I thoroughly, thoroughly enjoyed it.

Jim - should you read this then I must say one thing to you:- Crank it up! (Assuming that Ray and the sound man will allow.)

Regardless - anyone who has the opportunity of attending one of the current string of concerts should spring for the best seats that the bank account will allow. It's worth every penny!

Respectfully,

Richard
Tommy Detamore

Floresville, Texas
Post  Posted 3 Oct 2009 8:11 am    

Thanks Danny and Mike....but I really did have an off night. I was feeling the presence of the Mighty Loess bearing down on me I guess!

Mike Kowalik

San Antonio,Texas
Post  Posted 3 Oct 2009 8:47 am     Ray Price/Jim Loessberg

My wife and I attended the last Ray Price show at Floore's Country Store.It seemed that Ray does not like a loud stage volume as he asked various members to turn down during the show...including Jim.

On a positive note it simply amazing as to the fantastic tone a road worn wraparound push pull and a rough looking Nashville 400 can produced when played by a master like Jim.He used no effects other than amp reverb and when tuning he got his reference E and C notes from the piano player.

Such a simple set-up producing such a huge sound!!

It was steel as I like to hear it.....sweet and pure!!
Mike Kirkley

Helendale, California
Post  Posted 4 Oct 2009 12:33 am    

Hey there, fellow Forumites,
I can personally attest to Mister Detamore's outstanding talents as a steeler...there is a fairly new band here in Australia called The Wildes, and they are doing quite well here. They released their first album here not quite a year ago, and they got Tommy to do some session work for them on that album. Well, friends and neighbors, I can tell y'all right now that Tommy's work was absolutely SUPERB. This album was produced here in Australia, and all the session work was done over the internet, and like I said, it was absolutely terrific. Tommy, I salute you, Sir! You are a great steeler, and an all around great guy. Well Done!

Mike Kirkley
Sydney, Australia
Mike Kirkley

Helendale, California
Post  Posted 4 Oct 2009 12:51 am    

Hey there, fellow Forumites,
I can personally attest to Mister Detamore's outstanding talents as a steeler...there is a fairly new band here in Australia called The Wildes, and they are doing quite well here. They released their first album here not quite a year ago, and they got Tommy to do some session work for them on that album. Well, friends and neighbors, I can tell y'all right now that Tommy's work was absolutely SUPERB. This album was produced here in Australia, and all the session work was done over the internet, and like I said, it was absolutely terrific. Tommy, I salute you, Sir! You are a great steeler, and an all around great guy. Well Done!

Mike Kirkley
Sydney, Australia