| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Peterson Tuners
Tom Campbell

Houston, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 8 Jun 2009 8:51 am    

I don't find any suppliers for the Peterson VS-l or VS-ll tuner. The only strobe I can fine is the VS-SAM. In fact I don't see many users of the Peterson tuner. Has this brand/model been replaced by another perferred brand of tuner?

I've been using the small/cheap Korg CA-30 type of tuner, but find in a group setting the reading is very erratic and unstable. Are there any strobe type alternatives?
Marvin Born

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 8 Jun 2009 9:46 am     Peterson tuners

Guitar Center sells Peterson products, at least in Columbus, OH. Also Stewart MacDonald has Peterson tuners. (try the link below.)

I think the Stroboflip may have replaced the VS-II as the preferred model. It is smaller, has more features and less noise.

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Tuners/Electronic_tuners/Peterson_VS-F_StroboFlip.html
Bill Fisher

Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 8 Jun 2009 10:46 am    

Precision Strobe Tuner model PST-4 Carl Dixon told me it's fantastic. I imagine it is. $490.00
Paddy Long

Christchurch, New Zealand
Post  Posted 8 Jun 2009 1:02 pm    

Tom the new model from Peterson is the Stroboflip, which is quite a bit more compact than the earlier models and comes with a leg clamp for your steel. They also have the incredible Stroborack model if your a rack man like myself. Obviously they both have the PSG settings in them, and are very popular. Check this link:

http://www.petersontuners.com/index.cfm?category=37&sub=21
Telonics, Peterson, Steelers Choice, Benado, Lexicon, Red Dirt Cases.
Sonny Jenkins

Texas Masonic Retirement Center,,,Arlington Tx
Post  Posted 8 Jun 2009 1:07 pm    

Tom there is another strobe tuner on the market,,can't think of the brand name,,,supposedly VERY good TRUE strobe tuner,,,around $125,,,,I'll do a search and see if I can find it.

It's called turbo-tuner ST-122
Ulf Edlund

UmeƄ, Sweden
Post  Posted 8 Jun 2009 1:16 pm    

I use the strobo-stomp and i'm very happy with it. I chose it for the true bypass and mute features. When you tune, the amp is disconnected. When you play, the tuner is totally bypassed. The "flip" does not do that.
Tom Campbell

Houston, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 8 Jun 2009 1:48 pm    

Thanks Sonny, for the referal for the Turbo-Tuner ST-122. Any of you that are in need of a strobe tuner owe it to yourself to check this one out.
http://www.turbo-tuner.com/pages/Whatisit.htm
Bill Patton

Seattle, Washington, USA
Post  Posted 10 Jun 2009 2:16 pm    

+1 on the turbo tuner. I have the st-200 stomp box model. I pre-ordered it last year when they first came on the market. It's been awesome. You can program it exactly how you want, it's true-bypass, made of metal, small, easy to read, has three slots for different user tunings plus two dedicated chromatic settings. The build quality is like five notches above the Peterson stuff. Plus, I haven't had to change the battery yet! I seriously think these will become the de facto tuners for steelers.
Tom Campbell

Houston, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 10 Jun 2009 5:49 pm    

Ordered one yesterday. I bought the ST-122 hand held model. I've read nothing but rave reviews about this this tuner...so, we'll see! Cool