| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  All my music is on an iTouch now!
David Hartley

Post  Posted 11 Dec 2008 5:53 am    

Who owns an iTouch?

I have 5 iPods already for backing tracks, background music in the breaks at gigs etc.. but I got my hands on an iTouch in the Apple store in Cambridge on Tuesday and after 5 minutes, I just had to buy one!

It does everything... Music, iTunes downloads, Internet, Email, Maps and Google earth, Web browsing, shopping, games, movies and best of all it has a youtube icon. Click on it and search for all your videos you like. All wireless in any Wi-Fi zone or in your own house if you have a wireless router. Its the most amazing thing I have seen for years. Whatever will be available in 50 years time? I dare not show my daughters because I know they are going to want one..

Try one out..or better still, buy one..

Everyone should own one...

(this turned out to be a bit of a plug for apple but it was not meant that way)

David Hartley
steve takacs

beijing, china via pittsburgh (deceased)
Post  Posted 11 Dec 2008 4:03 pm    

David, hwo many hours does the battery hold before it needs a recharge? Can the battery be replaced when it dies? Enjoy the new toy and tool! Thanks steve t
David Wright

Pilot Point ,Tx USA.
Post  Posted 12 Dec 2008 7:23 am    

David,
Welcome to Mac world))) I've had the I-phone for some time, which does all I touch does plus a phone...love it!!
Joey Ace

Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 12 Dec 2008 7:44 am     I'm back to my iPod Shuffle

I had an iPod Touch, purchased new about a month ago.
(I Loved it.)

My wife started using it, and did a lot more with it than I ever would. I finally said, "It's Yours!"
(I Love Her.)
Bo Borland

South Jersey -
Post  Posted 12 Dec 2008 1:18 pm    

While I haven't made the move to I-touch, I have been using an Ipod for a couple years and recently upgraded to an 80 gig classic.. I am amazed at the amount of music I have in there and the ease of accessing everything, tracks, tunes, lessons, and even charts.
I upload all new cds' to Itunes and update my ipod weekly.
Bill Stroud

Dresden, Tennessee, USA * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 13 Dec 2008 10:43 am     IPodTouch

Got one last night, I wanted the 32GB but would have to go to Memphis nearest Apple store, I got an 8GB at Wal-Mart just loaded it up and watching you & John S. go at it Highway Forty Blues, it works great.
Now I'll have to keep my eyes open for the larger iPod 32GB.
Thanks,
Bill
Robert Cates

Maine, USA
Post  Posted 13 Dec 2008 11:15 am     what is this thing?

OK you guys
I am sorry to sound so out of touch with this computer stuff but what are you guys talking about. So your saying that it is a computer right? How much does it cost? Can you go on line using your home connection? Do you pay a charge every month to use it? This seems like a nice rig doesn't it. Where can I find more info on this. I know ....just ask my grandkids ..
Did someone say that it is a phone too? Good god..what is this world coming too.
Tell me more
Bob
David Hartley

Post  Posted 14 Dec 2008 6:13 am     To Robert Cates

It is the new generation of iPod. Basically a touch screen iPod but with added extras. Small touch icons on the front screen (which is 3.5 inches), Icons to internet (on your own wireless connection or in and WiFi enabled Zone), Yes, its free, but if you download music from iTunes the usual fees apply, (about £7.49 here in the UK for an album), also an icon for youtube, internet, (using a browser called (SAFARI), Very quick, Apllication downloads (some of which are free, others with small charges), the Apps are everything like Games, Music Apps (like drum kits, 4 track recording suites, Navigation tools, etc etc etc... it goes on forever.. Go to Apple Website for info. Really, I am still amazed by this timy thing. And every musician should have one...

Anyway, What shall I download?

I like proper country with good steel of course?

Give me some ideas please..

David Hartley..
Bo Borland

South Jersey -
Post  Posted 14 Dec 2008 7:50 am    

Aside from having a large part of my cd collection on it, over 3000 tracks - almost 8 hours- of music, leson cds, biab trax, charts, it shows only 9 gigs of space used on an 80 gig ipod.
The best part is that this small wallet sized piece of gear plugs into my amp so I can play along and I don't need all the outboard stuff I used to use. (a record player, cassette deck, cd player, mixer, boom box, or lap top.)
I can access any tune, start- stop- rewind..
The only thing I can't do is slow it down.
Robert Cates

Maine, USA
Post  Posted 14 Dec 2008 12:10 pm     Thanks Dave

It seems like one does not have to carry around a lap top computer or a cell phone if you buy this little rig. Just amazing isn't it.
Do you all remember the "Get Smart" show? Agent Maxwell Smart would take off his shoe and talk into it.That must of been 30 years ago. I think that the i touch must be a spin off of his shoe phone.
Thanks for explaining it further David.
I think that Buck Owens had some really good steel in his songs. Tony Booth,Jake Hooker. and some of the honky tonk stuff had some great steel.
Have a great holiday season.
Bob