| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  New Song - Pick and Palm Blocking Combined - Greg Cutshaw
Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 29 Oct 2008 5:17 pm    

For those not glued to the World Series here's a new tune for steel. It's the old Reno and Smiley version of I'm Using My Bible For A Roadmap. There's both E9th and C6th pedal steel on it, both mic'd from a Steel King amp, Boss RV-5, Goodrich pot pedal and MSA Legend steel guitar.

From 2:13 to 2:23 is all pick blocking, free flowing, then right after that is all palm blocking with a more muted, Lloyd Green style riff. All the rest of the playing on both tunings is palm blocking. In both cases I may be pulling the bar back and blocking with the left hand as needed.

Song in wma format

Song in mp3 streaming format

Rhythm Track

Drum machine, song arrangment and chord chart in pdf format

Greg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Jim Eller

Kodak, TN (Michigan transplant)
Post  Posted 31 Oct 2008 7:10 am    

Thanks Greg.

One of my favs.

Jim
Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 31 Oct 2008 7:41 am    

Guess I should have squeezed the song title into the topic header. This is one of my Dad's favorite songs so I put it together for him. I've done a lot of songs for my family and friends that I distribute here locally. If I ever end up playing anything really new or exciting, I put it out under the tab section and I am working on a Christmas tune that does have some new riffs in it.

Thanks for listening!

Greg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Bernie Gonyea

Sherman Tx. 75092 ,U.S.A. (deceased)
Post  Posted 31 Oct 2008 8:30 pm     I'm Using My Bible For A Road Map

Very Happy Whoa!

Greg : A mighty fine job on one of my favorite gospel songs; When I was working with a Country Gospel Group a year or so back; we did this number, blue-grass style and it featured me on my sho-Bro/ Dobro guitar. Have never played the song on Pedal Steel; but you do a fantastic rendition on both necks; love that changing from E9th to C6th necks..Thanks for sharing with us..Bernie Very Happy Laughing

North Mississippi
Post  Posted 1 Nov 2008 8:34 pm    

Greg , very good playing. Kinda reminds me of the great Tom Brumley. Very Happy

Skip