| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Branson steel players
Jim Kinley

California, USA
Post  Posted 25 Aug 2008 7:55 pm    

Just saw the Baldknobbers Show and thought Roger Blevins was terrific. Great C6 sound.

Will hear Dave Musgrave tomorrow at the Ricky Boen Show. Looking forward to more great steel.
Bill Myrick

Pea Ridge, Ar. (deceased)
Post  Posted 26 Aug 2008 2:31 am    

Jim--Be sure to catch the morning "Wade Landry Show" at The God & Country Theater on the strip. He is a great entertainer and has young Tyler Hall playing steel for him . Tell Tyler I said Hey and behave !! Smile
Jim Kinley

California, USA
Post  Posted 26 Aug 2008 12:01 pm    

Thanks Bill, We'll get down there Wednesday. I'll be sure to say Hey to Tyler for you.

We heard the Ricky Boen Texas swing show this morning and really enjoyed Roger Musgrave's style on the Emmons.
Bill Myrick

Pea Ridge, Ar. (deceased)
Post  Posted 27 Aug 2008 4:26 am    

Sounds like you're having a great time, Jim. Tyler is a good kid but don't tell him I said that-- Laughing We have The Ozark Steel Guitar Ass'n there in Branson www.ozarksteelguitar.com and about all the Branson players have pictures on it at one event or another. You're having the same problems I sometimes do when my old memory is loaded with so much, so quickly - Smile The man you saw yesterday was Dave Musgrave and of coarse Roger Blevins you saw at The Baldknobbers the night before. Confusing names are one of my biggest problems.
If you get the chance at Wade Landry's show say Hi to him and also the drummer, Adam Guidry, who is his nephew. We are all like a big happy family at our Association ; great guys and gals and great talents.
Have a great time and a safe trip home. Bill.
Jim Kinley

California, USA
Post  Posted 27 Aug 2008 10:17 am    

Yep, a mind is a terrible thing to waste, but it just confuses things even when I try to get it right.

Dave Musgrave, Roger Blevins, Tyler Hall... tryin' to keep em straight.

Keep to good music flowing in the Ozarks.
Pat Carlson

Sutton, Nebraska, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 28 Aug 2008 5:47 am    

Jim, we were to Branson recently, Joey Riley was playing for Mickey Gilley. Joey has to be one of the very best in Branson Very Happy Joey also has his own show in Gilley's theater.