| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  New Club Mtg
Hal Higgins

Denham Springs, LA
Post  Posted 27 May 2002 7:13 am    

It's coming this Sat. June 1st beginning at 10:00AM. The first official meeting of the Deep South Steel Guitar & Musicians Assoc. We will be meeting at the VFW on Dedeaux Rd. in Gulfport, MS. The VFW staff are excited about this club having their meeting there. Mr. Doug Ball is going all out to make this meeting be a tremendous success by having a crawfish boil available for a mere $6.00 charge, and there will be other foods and drinks available, too. Thanks Doug....Your hospitality is just wonderful......we might just have to adopt the VFW Post as "OUR PLACE" for the DSSGMA from now on. Jerry Jaye will be the featured steeler for this. Mr Bill Stafford will also be doing some tremendous playing (as only he can do). Man I'm excited about this.....so, if any of you forumites are in the Gulfport, MS area, would you please come by and visit for a while, we'd love to have you.....HAL HIGGINS
MALCOLM KIRBY

Crofton, KY USA
Post  Posted 29 May 2002 1:24 pm    

I talked to Jerry Jaye the other day (is there a song in there?), and he's looking foward to it. Wish I could be there, but I'll be at the "VFW" in Hopkinsville, KY. Everybody's got to be somewhere I guess. Have fun and tell all my friends hello.
Hal Higgins

Denham Springs, LA
Post  Posted 30 May 2002 7:37 am    

Malcolm....It's good to hear from you, and I wish you could be here with us, too, but as you said..."we all have to be somewhere". Will tell all the guys "hello" from you, and maybe some other time you can come and be a featured steeler for our club...take care and God Bless. HAL PS..we have a new web-site. www.jmcham.com/DeepSouth If you'll send me a little info on your string business, etc., I'll make sure it gets on the web-site.....OK?
Billy Easton

Nashville, TN USA
Post  Posted 30 May 2002 8:26 am    

Man that sounds like such fun!! Too bad Arizona is so far from Mississippi!! I would love to be there not only for the great food, but to hear those great players. It is always a treat to hear Bill Stafford!! What a ball you will have. Maybe one of these days......

------------------
Billy Easton
Casa Grande, AZ
Where the Sun Always Shines
Ray Jenkins

Gold Canyon Az. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 30 May 2002 11:01 am    

Quote:
Maybe one of these days......

In the last month you've been from Calif. to FL.They have an airport in Gulfport Ms. Ray

------------------
Steeling is still legal in Arizona
Hal Higgins

Denham Springs, LA
Post  Posted 2 Jun 2002 6:40 pm    

Excitement was in the air at the first meeting of the Deep South Steel Guitar and Musicians Assoc. meeting. We started things of with our election of officers for the year 2002-2003. The officers are as follows: Hal Higgins, Pres....Ben Odell, V.P., Mr. Bill Stafford Sec-Tres. and the board of directors (1) Jerry Brightman (2) Steve Plumbley (3) Wayne Goff (4)Autry Rutledge and (5) R.J. Buras. Mr. Jerry Jaye was the featured steeler and did a marvelous job...superb playing and singing....thanks Jerry. Mr. Doug Ball the post commander of the VFW Post on Dedeaux Rd in Gulfport, MS are to be commended for being such fine hosts and the great food that was prepared...Boilded Crawfish and also some fine Surf & Turf....Will post more after awhile.....HAL