| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Is anyone using Parsons Acoustic benders?
Mark Lind-Hanson

Menlo Park, California, USA
Post  Posted 27 Dec 2004 12:20 pm    

I am interested ( just out of pure curiosity) if anyone out there is playing a modified acoustic guitar with the Parsons Acoustic stringbender, and, if you are, how do you like it, what are its pro's and cons, and do you reccomend any modifications with any particular brands of acoustics (ie, which ones are best adapted to it?) Thanks...
Jerry Hayes

Virginia Beach, Va.
Post  Posted 28 Dec 2004 5:17 am    

Hey Mark, I'd like to know if you could use one with an Acoustic Electric without the mechanism coming through the pickup. I used a Bigsby Palm Pedal on an Acoustic/Electric for a while and did a little recording with it. The thing worked wonderful but if I took it to a gig and plugged it it, the movements of the levers and the string sliding across the bridge came through the amp and rendered the unit unusable when plugged it. I was wondering if the P/W would work OK like that....JH

------------------
Livin' in the Past and Future with a 12 string Mooney Universal tuning.

Mark Lind-Hanson

Menlo Park, California, USA
Post  Posted 28 Dec 2004 8:58 am    

Well, I asked because I don;t use one myself but that would be a question better sent to Gene (parsons@stingbender.com). My biggest complaint about what Fender did in vreating the Parsons White B BEnder Teles is they made them with ONLY the B Bender, not the original 4 strings like the prototype. If you happen to go to the Clarence White Forum you'll maybe notice a huge row developing between Hip Shot players and Parsons/White & Parsons Green Players. I don't own either or any of the like, though at present I lean toward an adaptation of the HipShot on my Les Paul (since I want both a G AND a B bend on a 6 string).
But the topic here itself, I'm interested if anybody else is using the Parsons acoustic benders. It appears that he makes them to fit into any sort of acoustic brand/model- what I'd like to find out if there are people using them who have made or might see any comparisons. So I'm sorry I cant be of help to you on that Jerry- I am just as curious as you are, I think...