| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Hi from Marian Hall
Andy Volk

Boston, MA
Post  Posted 17 Nov 2004 2:40 pm    

Marian says ...
"At one point we were doing 16 hours of live TV a week. Three hours on Saturday night, two hours each week day at noon, and two hours on Sunday at Sierra Creek Park."Tex Ritter's Ranch Party" was something we filmed for Screen Gems and it was syndicated all over the country. The confusing part is that the cast was all the exact same people [as Town Hall Party]. One was live and the other was filmed in a studio with an applause track and a fake filmed audience.The curious thing is that "Ranch Party" still survives on tape because it was originally done on movie film. "Town Hall" was done on kinescope and the Bear Family in Germany seem to have the only copies.

Please give my very best to everyone on the steel guitar forum.It's great to be remembered.
Dan Sawyer

Studio City, California, USA
Post  Posted 17 Nov 2004 11:57 pm    

If Bear Family has it, they'll probably put it out at some point. I hope so. Thanks for that Andy.
Al Johnson

Sturgeon Bay, WI USA
Post  Posted 18 Nov 2004 5:59 am    

Marion Hall just sang The Race Is On on the Sons of the Pioneers Hootenavy Show (I have some on tape) from the early 1960s. Lloyd Perryman said "why is the girl known as "Queen of the Steel Guitar" singing? Marion said the Pioneers already have 3 fine guitar players so I sing" Pretty good singer. Al
Ron Whitfield

Kaaawa, Hawaii, USA
Post  Posted 23 Nov 2004 3:47 pm    

Thanx a bazillion Andy. It's great to hear from Marian, in any form. Glad to know she is aware of the appreciation we have for her.

What a stylin' steelin' lady!