| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Battery-less memory for the old Profex works!
Ken Fox

Nashville GA USA
Post  Posted 11 Aug 2005 8:04 am    

just did my first and it is a winner! I had checked the schematics and thought it was a different chip than the Profex 2! I just got a unit in from Dan Cormier and happened to see the chip was the same.

I just did the swap and tossed the battery, all is well!!

I can get your units out usually the day after they arrive. It is easiest for me to repair and ship back and then bill you via email. No need to send payment in advance.

Charges:

$35.00 for the chip or battery (I recommend the chip), reload your settings or I can reload from my collection, repackage and ship. I have a nice combo of Jeff Newman and Jeff Peterson settings I can load. You do not lose any Newman settings, just the some that were duplicated. I can not load new settings in an old Profex. I can save your settings to a midipfiler and reload them after the memory is changed out.

$50.00 for the Burr Brown chip upgrade, Profex 2 and Bassfex only. This is the infamous Lemay mod! Same chip he and Peavey sell for audio upgrade. The result is a lot less background noise and a sweeter sound. Four chips are replaced with this mod.

Total is $80.00 for both of the above mods for Profex 2 or Bassfex.

Shipping charges are additional and I will scan a copy of the shipping bill to you and send an invoice for the repair in Microsoft Excel format. I can scan the invoice if you do not have Excel.

I can replace broken pots for $15.00 each (volume on the front or rear only for Profex 2 or Bassfex), also power supply input jacks for same (have only seen 2 bad ones in all the years I have worked on the units). I keep the pots and jacks in stock. Knobs are $3.50 additional. I do not need your power supply sent with the item, I have several here already. I can also replace the battery in your cache card, if needed and reload the settings to it for $5.00.
Output mod to accommodate a power amp/rack system, doubles output voltage! This is a $5.00 mod as long as you are doing the battery-less memory chip!

Pack to protect the racks ears! They bend easy in shipment. Try to pack so the item does not shift. Items packed in peanuts will move all around and bump the ears. I have seen many damaged this way. Wrap in bubble wrap for best results.

Thanks again!

Ken Fox
814 Wilburn Street
Ray City, GA 31645
229-455-3469

Ken Fox

Nashville GA USA
Post  Posted 25 Aug 2005 3:35 pm    

bump
Daniel J. Cormier

Lake Charles, LA, USA
Post  Posted 29 Aug 2005 2:29 pm    

Got the profex I back and she works just fine.Will send my other Pro-Fex II asap.
Thanks Brother Ken

------------------
Daniel J. Cormier
Desert Rose Lacquer D-10
EVans FET 500 LV Sessions 400 Limited ,ProFex II
http://www.cajunsteelguitar.com email at djcormier@cox-internet.com

Ken Fox

Nashville GA USA
Post  Posted 29 Aug 2005 3:51 pm    

Glad to help. It is good to have a memory fix for the old Profex!