| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Msg. to Bobbe Seymour
ArtPalazzini

Torrington , Ct. Litchfield
Post  Posted 23 Dec 2006 11:44 am    

Hi Bobbe, I received the VK112 today. You are a kind and generous man. Thank you very much. The amp is all that I hoped it would be and the ability to contour the tone works very well. As I have always said to any one I talk to , you are ACES with me and I'm glad we are friends. Merry Christmas to you and yours..... Art
Doug Seymour

Jamestown NY USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 23 Dec 2006 3:49 pm    

Art, the Seymour family came to western NY from Litchfield County, CT in 1836! No steel guitars there in those days. My Dad, Bobbe's grandpa, used to say they came some of the way in an ox cart! Enjoy your new amp!
Jimmie Martin

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 23 Dec 2006 5:41 pm    

bobbe's the man. he can pick 10 strings laid across a no.2 washtub i hear. how are you and bobbe related doug? i probably could figure it out but you can tell me. that means you know a lot of dark tails about bobbe huh? lets hear some.bet there are some duzzys. did i spell that right?
Bobbe Seymour

Hendersonville TN USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 23 Dec 2006 7:35 pm    

Doug Seymour was a visitor at the hospital when I was born, actually, my first visitor, my mother was there too. I was very young.
Doug is my uncle, I blame him for the twist in my life that turned me in the steel guitar direction. I always wanted to play in the worst way, and now I do.

Uncle Doug showed me how to play "Steel Guitar Rag". I was three weeks old. I had trouble with the pedals at first, but I worked the "P" levers great. (The "P" lever goes foward, and down)

My father was a Big band leader and taught high school band at the time, he didn't understand Uncle Doug turning me into a hillbilly steel guitarist. I tried to explain it to Dad but I hadn't learned to talk yet.

This story has no end, like my playing, but a lot of folks wish it did, now where's my coffee?

Signed by the:
Nephew of "Douglas (Slim) Seymour" of Jamestown N.Y. (near lake Erie) always under several feet of snow.

Wally Taylor

Hardin, Kentucky, USA
Post  Posted 23 Dec 2006 9:57 pm    

Bobbe, you are a hoot! I caught you again on RFD's Heart to Heart Classics again with Narvel Felts............I think that is how you spell his name, anyway, if that was an example of your worst way of playing, then I for one am doomed. You and the Emmons were great!! Narvel was not bad either.

Wally
Billy Carr

Seminary, Mississippi, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 23 Dec 2006 11:40 pm    

Bobbe's the man!
Jimmie Martin

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 24 Dec 2006 2:16 am    

bobbe that p lever is that like the z lever that you invented a while back? you did get an early start huh?
Joe Miraglia

Jamestown N.Y.
Post  Posted 24 Dec 2006 6:30 am    

The Seymour family are good people! I Have know Them for years.Uncle Doug would help me on steel ,But he liked Bobbe better . Bobbe went to Nashville and I stayed Home-someone had to look after Uncle Doug.Bobbe got to play on the Opry in Nashville ,I got to play at the Big Tree in Ashville NY. Wow . Bobbe the Big Tree is closed,its for sale. Steel guitar is alive in Westeren N.Y. Merry Christmas to all. Joe www.willowcreekband.com
Jerry Hayes

Virginia Beach, Va.
Post  Posted 24 Dec 2006 12:58 pm    

I worked a gig with an old fella here in Va. (drummer Norman Jerald) who said he worked some with Bobbe in the old days when Bobbe lived here. Someone mentioned a P lever? What would that be? Norman said that Bobbe had an additional lever in the middle of his guitar with a round hoop on the end of it. Maybe for inserting or hanging something in it? Hmmmmmmmm? What would that be for Bobbe?.....JH in Va.

------------------
Don't matter who's in Austin (or anywhere else) Ralph Mooney is still the king!!!

John Daugherty

Rolla, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 25 Dec 2006 11:16 am    

Bobbe, what a biography ... and you call ME crazy ???

------------------
www.home.earthlink.net/~johnd37

Doug Seymour

Jamestown NY USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 25 Dec 2006 12:07 pm    

Bobbe, I went to Florida December 8th with my daughter, Sherri & husband Dave (from Morris PA) to avoid that snow Bobbe tells about, but would you believe it didn't snow in WNY while I was visiting my son, Ken & Monica in Lakeland. (Check out their web site at "rodworx.com")To add insult to injury (& tradition!) it still hasn't snowed since we got home on the 16th. "I'm dreaming of a white Christmas" While you have the 'puter cranked up & on the "net" check out Dick Winans on the web (do a search) He and his great family made me their guest overnight in Tampa where they settled back in 1956 to escape those northeastern snows that used to bury us once in a while!

[This message was edited by Doug Seymour on 25 December 2006 at 02:13 PM.]