| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Question for Mr. John Hughey
Mitch Ellis

Collins, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 10 Sep 2006 8:43 am    

Mr. John,
I bought one of your cassett tapes, and I really like it! It has "look at us","She thinks I still care", "Home in san antone", and others. My question is about the song "Home again in Indiana". On this cassett, did you play it on E9th or C6th? I'm thinking C6th. Am I right? Thank you!
Mitch
Hal Higgins

Denham Springs, LA
Post  Posted 10 Sep 2006 12:18 pm    

Mitch.....I have the same cd, and I am pretty sure he played it on the C6th neck. HAL

------------------
Be Blessed........HAL
2006 Rains w/8 & 5 Chestnut Burl Mica. Rack system with Evans Preamp (LV), DPC1400,Lexicon MPX500, FFurman Power Conditioner, 2 Evans Cabs with Eclipse 15's Modified Evans Preamp (no rack ears), Boss RV5, DD3, Digitech RP50, 2 Hilton Pedals, Walker Seat w/sidekick and backrest, Steelers Choice Seat with sidekick and backrest. BJS 10 string bar with birthstone. Zookies thumb pick L-30.

David Nugent

Gum Spring, Va.
Post  Posted 10 Sep 2006 2:01 pm    

John definitely plays this on C6. A few years back, Vince Gill hosted an edition of "American Music Shop" on the now defunct TNN (The Nashville Network). The show featured Danny Gatton, Albert Lee, and members of Vince's band (at that time). John played "Back Home in Indiana" live with everyone taking cuts and it was as expected fantastic! I fortunately videotaped the show and watch it frequently.
Mitch Ellis

Collins, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 10 Sep 2006 4:19 pm    

Thanks, both of you! I'm coming pretty slow on C6th, but I may give this song a try.I hope to see you again soon, Mr. Hal.

Mitch
Jeff Garden

Center Sandwich, New Hampshire, USA
Post  Posted 10 Sep 2006 7:59 pm    

Hey Mitch,
If you'd like the "answer sheet" (note for note tablature) on how John played all of the tunes on this cassette, check out www.johnhughey.com He has a tab book available for his "John Hughey" CD/cassette - there are both E9 and C6 tunes in the book and it's a great handbook of Mr. Hughey's style.