| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Tyler "The Kid" Hall
Bill Simmons

Keller, Texas/Birmingham, AL, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 2 May 2006 6:43 pm    

My little buddy is one terrific steel player (Tele & Keyboards too)! He is only 18 and can make that Fessy sound so good! Tyler would like to make a CD and needless to say financial restraints at this time of hiring a band and studio time etc make it impossible.

Does anyone know where he could purchase Band in the Box or other traxs of good old country traxs such as 'Another Bridge to Burn' etc?? He loves the traditional country songs. Maybe someone would help him by donating some of your Band in the Box traxs...On behalf of Tyler "The Kid"...thanks in advance.
Bob Simmons

Trafford, Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 3 May 2006 6:34 pm    

Remember to check on legalities of using tracks! I'm sure there are plenty out there that won't be a problem .Copy rights are usually implied for personal use only- such as copying CDs or DVDs

[This message was edited by Bob Simmons on 03 May 2006 at 07:34 PM.]

Terry Wood

Lebanon, MO
Post  Posted 5 May 2006 5:52 am    

Yes, Tyler is really a great young steel player. I was very impressed with his pickin' when I attended the very first Alabama Steel Association Show back in February.

That is why I invited him early on to come to Marshfield, MO to our very first Steel Guitar and Country Music Show here on July 1st. Honestly, I was more impressed with his playing than any youngster I've heard in years.

We are all looking forward to hearing him and the other great steel players coming here at Marshfield on July 1st. Your all invited!

GOD bless!

Terry Wood
14 strings + 14 pedals = Steel Guitar Fun!
James Sission

Sugar Land,Texas USA
Post  Posted 5 May 2006 6:54 am    

Bill, check with Herb Steiner in Austin. He has a lot of backing tracks that are very high quality. You could email him and tell him what your looking for. He is a good guy, I feel certain he would help out if he can.....http://www.herbsteinermusic.com/

James
Hal Higgins

Denham Springs, LA
Post  Posted 5 May 2006 10:01 am    

Bill.....have tyler give me a call @ 225-276-8250. I have a home studio and can do the tracks for him at a more than reasonable fee....and send them to him for him to lay steel overdubs on....I can explain all of that to him......or he can e-mail me at: hsteeler2002@yahoo.com

------------------
Be Blessed........HAL
'85 Emmons LeGrande D-10,(8 & 5) 95 Carter 9 & 7 Hilton Vol. Pedal, BJS Birthstone bar, 2 Racks w/Evans Pre-amps, Lexicon MPX500 & MPX550; (2)1501-4 BW's in custom built cabs by T.A. Gibson, & Sound Tech PL802 Digital Power Amp; Nashville 400. Steelers Choice seat with back rest and side-kick.

Ernest Cawby

Lake City, Florida, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 6 May 2006 6:07 am    

Fran Newman has The Honky tonk Heroes, with a full band and singer opf the old time goodies, the steel guitar is left out for you to do you do the intro, fills, and turn around, most you have time to play the song all thew way thru. Also Rob Parker has some, Laney Hicks has matters of the heart with no steel, And of course Herb Stiener, I have almost all of his tracks, and right now i am working on his tabs of My special angel, and have i told you lately, These have your work cut out for you not easy but good.

ernie
Bill Simmons

Keller, Texas/Birmingham, AL, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 6 May 2006 9:18 pm    

Thanks everyone...I just checked my emails etc...I will make sure Tyler sees these helpful posts...Bill