| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Any members near Cleveland Tn?
Rich Jackson

Cleveland, Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 16 Sep 2005 7:36 pm    

Just courious if any of you steel players live near me. Maybe surrounding areas? I just started back playing a while back and need all the help I can get! Rich Guy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Bobbe Seymour

Hendersonville TN USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 16 Sep 2005 7:52 pm    

What are you calling "near"?
Rich Jackson

Post  Posted 17 Sep 2005 4:35 am    

Hey Bobbe, I mean like right next door! Really if you know where Cleveland is you would know if you are near. You might remember me... I saw you at the Chattanooga show. I was the one that made the comment that I wished I could play like you but I had nice hair! LOL Back to my question, I just thought if someone lived in immediate area we could get together. I need all the help I can get. Thanks for resounding. Rich Guy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Bobbe Seymour

Hendersonville TN USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 17 Sep 2005 8:26 am    

Great Rich, I remember.
Larry self lives in Dayton, you must have some folks that live near you that play steel, after all, this is Tennessee!
Your buddy,
Bobbster
Pat Burns

Branchville, N.J. USA
Post  Posted 18 Sep 2005 4:22 am    

How come you folks in Tennessee name your towns after places in Ohio?
Rich Jackson

Post  Posted 18 Sep 2005 6:08 am    

Cause we know a good thing when we see it! I am from Altoona Pa originally and this makes me feel like I am still in the north although I am in the south! LOL!!!! Go figure.. ... Rich Guy
bill mitchell

chattanooga, tn usa
Post  Posted 18 Sep 2005 3:12 pm    

Hey Rich...there are several good steelers in this area. Billy Taylor is here in Chattanooga...Bobby Bearden in Dayton (Tennessee, that is..)and a bunch of them around the Knoxville area. Welcome to the club.
Bill Mitchell
Deckley D-10
Johnny Cunnyngham

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 18 Sep 2005 3:52 pm    

Rich, about 30 miles from Cleveland in Dayton is Bobby Beard. In pikeville, J.D. Angel, In Crossville, Charlie Curvey, owns Mountain Music, and of course, from the beautiful town of South Pittsburg, our own Mike Headrick. He can play Nashville quality music on a variety of instruments, And North of you in Sevierville is Herby Wallace. Johnny
Rich Jackson

Post  Posted 18 Sep 2005 5:23 pm    

Hey guys, thanks alot for the imfo. I will check these guys out. I played at a church home coming today in Sady Daisey Tn. There was a young man by the name of Youngblood who plays for the church and a gospel group. He left before I had finished playing so I didn't get the chance to talk steel with him. I just recently returned to the steel after 29 years absence. I had been playing bass for the gospel group that I am with. I had the chance to sit behind someones gutar afew months back and wam-mo,that's all it took. I have the bug! The love for it has returned! Things a slowly coming back, after all, I am a little older now. I just thought a little help from some other steel players would be nice. Thanks again guys for the response and for making me feel so welcome here.....Rich Guy
Gary Walker

Morro Bay, CA
Post  Posted 18 Sep 2005 10:37 pm    

Cleveland is the home town of the finest fingerstyle guitar player walking around in shoes today. Doyle Dykes makes his home there and he is a regular on the Opry when he's in town.
Tommy Crawford

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 19 Sep 2005 8:58 am    

Hi. i'm from Franklin n.c. thats a few miles from you about 90 miles...Tommy crawford
Tommy Crawford

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 19 Sep 2005 9:02 am    

Hi Rich, What kind of steel do you play?, i play a 65 d-10/8-5 Emmons pp
Cody Johnson

Cleveland, TN
Post  Posted 19 Sep 2005 9:50 am    

hello neighbor
Steve Dodson

Sparta, Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 19 Sep 2005 9:52 am    

Tommy, your getting to my heart man. Take it easy. 65 P/P look out now. Hey Rich, hope all is well with you.
Steve

[This message was edited by Steve Dodson on 19 September 2005 at 10:53 AM.]

Rich Jackson

Post  Posted 19 Sep 2005 11:45 am    

Hey Tommy, Cody and Steve. Thanks for the notes. Steve are you doing better now? Hey Cody, sent you a email note. And Tommy, I have a single Gfi that I am playing now. I have an red Emmons LegandeIII on order that I can't wait to get behind. 29 years ago I had a double neck emmons..... Rich Guy
Frank Parish

Nashville,Tn. USA
Post  Posted 19 Sep 2005 12:22 pm    

Rich, You're all the richer to live in the south there pardner (not partner). I ain't about much over 100 miles from you there.
Rich Jackson

Post  Posted 19 Sep 2005 3:50 pm    

Hey Frank......... yes I agree with you. That's why they call me rich from living in the South ..I was born in Pa, but I grew up in Beautfort S.C. Was there almost 31 years and have been living in Tn for 11 years now. I still feel my roots are in Pa. Theres just something in me that feels that, know what I mean? Anyway, I really appreciate all you guys posting for me. God bless you and your steel playing!
Rich Guy
Pat Burns

Branchville, N.J. USA
Post  Posted 20 Sep 2005 10:56 am    

Rich, if it was me with one foot in the north and one in the south, my heart would belong to whichever region my pickin' pardners of the moment hailed from...kind of like the ferry boat operator in "The Outlaw Josey Wales".
Rich Jackson

Post  Posted 20 Sep 2005 11:46 am    

By joe I think you're right Pat! I will do just that!....Rich Guy