| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Where are you playing this weekend?
Frank Parish

Nashville,Tn. USA
Post  Posted 21 Jul 2005 3:02 pm    

I'll be at The Hotel Preston I-40 at Briley Parkway here in Nashville 8:30-12:30 on Saturday 7-23. It's a great band doing a lot of original tunes that you'll recognize and cover tunes as well.
Bob Knetzger

Kirkland, WA USA
Post  Posted 21 Jul 2005 4:17 pm    

I'll be playing with the Swians around the Seattle area:

FRI at the Little Red Hen--three sets of orignals and covers. C'mon by to listen, drink and/or dance in Seattle's best honky tonk.

SAT night at the Washington State Fair in Enumclaw. Look for the South stage with Ruby Dee and Snake Handlers, and the Wakefields. The Swians close out the show at 10pm. All three bands do all-original country and Americana/roots music ("whatever that is"). Free shows with a $7 fair admission ...and root beer floats for a buck!

The big excitement for me is in two weeks: on 8/2 The Swains open for Clint Black at the big Lake Union Summer Concert series! (ulp...'scuse me while I go change my strings and start practicing!)

swainscountry.com

[This message was edited by Bob Knetzger on 21 July 2005 at 05:29 PM.]

Vance Monday

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 21 Jul 2005 5:08 pm    

I'll be playing the Classic Country Music Show in Sulfur Springs, Arkansas on Friday night the 22nd. Special guest is Jim McGlasson from Missouri.. He sings like Ernest Tubb and does some original material that is pretty good.. He is currently getting a lot of air play overseas.. He doesn't try to imitate E.T., but just sounds like him... It should be a good show. I am playing steel and some fiddle.Vance

[This message was edited by Vance Monday on 21 July 2005 at 06:09 PM.]

Willie Crisel

Charlotte, Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 21 Jul 2005 7:42 pm    

playing at the VFW in Dickson Tn fri night,,doing a benifit for a child that's sick,that's about all i know,

------------------
1990 ,Emmons Legrand II 8 and 4,1994 Legrand II 3 and 5 Peavey LTD Peavey Session 400 Ibanez analog delay

Bill Cunningham

Atlanta, Ga. USA
Post  Posted 25 Jul 2005 5:02 am    

Well, its a little late but.........

I opened for Ray Price with Jim Wood and The Woodpile at the Ga. Mtn. Fair on Friday.

I really enjoyed meeting Mike Cass and visiting with Mark Abbott whom many of you know from the TSGA show. Mark is filling the bass chair and adding a new level of energy to that show IMO.

On Saturday I endured a 5 hours of playing for a Clogging Convention at the fair!

------------------
"Gimme a steel guitar, 2 or 3 fiddles and a Texas rhythm section that can swing"..R. Pennington

Mark van Allen

Watkinsville, Ga. USA
Post  Posted 25 Jul 2005 6:58 am    

Bless you, Bill, there's a spot waiting in steel hevean for you just from that gig!

Friday for me will be at the Red Light Cafe In ATL with my good pals Kate James and Lost Country. It kills me- Kate is in Dental School and the band rarely plays, but yet have recently won "best country band" in Atlanta, and are all over the Americana charts with a record we did two years ago.

Saturday I'm giving Dobro lessons, then in the Studio here with the amazing Caroline Herring.

------------------
Stop by the Steel Store at: www.markvanallen.com
Dyke Corson

Fairmount, IL USA
Post  Posted 25 Jul 2005 7:35 am    

Saturday the 30th Chrissy and I are doing two shows with Billy Walker and Margo Smith at the Bement Country Opry, Bement IL
Jerry Hayes

Virginia Beach, Va.
Post  Posted 25 Jul 2005 10:02 am    

Thursday the 28th I'll be doing the "Hardee's World Tour" at the Va.Beach location, Friday the 29th I'll be on steel with The Trailblazers at the Va.Beach Farmers Market from 7 to 10, Saturday the 30th I'll be playing on the Eastern Shore at an outdoor festival from 7:30 to 10:30, and on Sunday the 31st we'll be doing a private party at the Hickory Ruritan Club from 5 to 7 so there's still a lot of gigs in southeast Virginia......JH in Va.

------------------
It's all on 12, who needs 20!

Mark Metdker

North Central Texas, USA
Post  Posted 25 Jul 2005 11:57 am    

Thursday the 28th - Firewater Bar and Grill in north Dallas. Opening for Keith Anderson.

Friday the 29th - Hank's Texas Grill in Mckinney

Saturday the 30th - Love and War in Texas - Grapevine location.

Sunday the 31st - Love and War in Texas - Plano location. Shiner Sunday, broadcast live on 95.3 The Range. Deryl Dodd will follow.

Busy week for a part time gig!

------------------
Zum U-12 w/True Tone pickup thru a Nashville 112

Strats thru a VHT Super 30

Band Pics
http://community.webshots.com/album/176544894AuXSmi

Ted Solesky

Mineral Wells, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 25 Jul 2005 12:43 pm    

Worked Billy Bob's this past week. Opened up for Kevin Fowler on Fri and Joe Nichols on Sat. The whole gig was a 4 niter and we got a nice response. I didn't like it but we had to play up to quitting time on Thurs. In the past, with the other bands I worked with there, we would wrap it up around 11:. Working 4 nites does help retrieve the chops. This week end, we're doing an outdoor reunion type gig Fri and Sat. Wish you could be there Frank. They're suppose to have good food.
Chris Schlotzhauer

Colleyville, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 25 Jul 2005 1:03 pm    

Sat the 30th at The Stagecaoch Ballroom in Ft Worth with the Derailers
Roger Edgington

San Antonio, Texas USA
Post  Posted 25 Jul 2005 2:27 pm    

Saturday the 30th with Billy Mata at the American Legion Hall in beautiful downtown St.Hedwig, Texas. I think I'll dust off the old push pull.
Roger Edgington

San Antonio, Texas USA
Post  Posted 25 Jul 2005 2:33 pm    

Dyke, I have wondered what become of Margo. I worked with here once in a while around Fairborn, Ohio in the early 70s.