Reply to topic
Author Topic:  More Exciting Lloyd Green MP3 Clips
Walter Stettner

Vienna, Austria
Post  Posted 9 Jan 2005 8:07 am    

Dear Friends,

There are some new Lloyd Green clips available on the website:

www.lloydgreentribute.com

There are some clips from the rare Johnny Paycheck Gospel LP on Little Darlin' (Gospeltime In My Fashion") - I had a hard time selecting the clips, because Lloyd's outstanding playing is all over the record. Special thanks to one of our forumites for sending me a copy of the record!

Also, please listen to the Tommy Cash version of "I'm A Lonesome Fugitive" with Lloyd transfering the famous original guitar part to steel! And, of course, to his interpretation of the famous Buck Owens/Tom Brumley masterpiece "Together Again" (w/Hank Williams Jr. & Lois Johnson).

I also want to take the opportunity to thank all of you who visited the website - over 5,100 visits since August 2004 shows the large amount of interest in Lloyd Green and his music. With the countless number of records he played on, I will probably be busy with new additions until 2048!

Kind Regards, Walter

www.austriansteelguitar.at.tf

------------------
Lem Smith

Long Beach, MS
Post  Posted 9 Jan 2005 9:03 am    

Walter,
I'd like to add my thanks to you for the super job you do on this great website. It's certainly one of my favorites on the entire internet.

Lloyd Green is obviously one of the best that has ever played, or ever will play, the pedal steel guitar. He has the ability to play exactly what the song calls for, and no doubt is able to come up with it instantly during a session. This due in part no doubt to 1000's of hours of hard work & practice on the steel.

Much to my regret, I've never gotten to speak to Lloyd in person, but I have by email a couple of times, and I don't believe you can find a more courteous, intelligent, friendly, and just plain ol' nice person than Lloyd Green.

If I were 1/10th the steel guitarist Lloyd is, I'd be happy!

Thanks again,
Lem
Walter Stettner

Vienna, Austria
Post  Posted 9 Jan 2005 1:44 pm    

Lem,

Yes, I would also love to be a member of the "1/10 Club" - Lloyd's ability to complement the singer never ceases to amaze me - so many different styles, so much creativity - he is a true master!

Kind Regards, Walter

www.austriansteelguitar.at.tf

------------------
Jim Palenscar

Oceanside, Calif, USA
Post  Posted 9 Jan 2005 6:46 pm    

..and the hits just keep on comin'~~