| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Pictures...
Jerry Brightman

Ohio
Post  Posted 31 Dec 2003 11:19 am    

Hi guys,

I don't often visit this area of the Forum, but I wanted to share some pictures of a custom built, Derby 10 string at the following link:
http://www.slidestation.com/Endorsements/Derby_lap.htm

I started out at the age of 6 on a Fender Deluxe 6 string and played that until I received my first pedal guitar...and as many of you on this area of the Forum already know, that technique is still with me and many times, we just slant the bar instead of using a knee lever or pedal...So often I see players who have massive amounts of pedals and knee levers, but never address the left hand, and how much that can really do for them in becomming a better player...

Thanks for looking, and thanks for sharing another side of this instrument we all love!

Jerry
http://www.slidetstation.com

[This message was edited by Jerry Brightman on 31 December 2003 at 11:23 AM.]

Ian McLatchie

Sechelt, British Columbia
Post  Posted 31 Dec 2003 12:56 pm    

Wow! Gorgeous guitar, Jerry. Thanks for sharing. Happy new year to all.
Jesse Pearson

San Diego , CA
Post  Posted 1 Jan 2004 4:58 pm    

Jerry, that sure is nice looking, congratulations. I was wondering what the scale and string spacing were and are those custom made parts or are they parts that are used on pedal steels? What is the bridge made of? Thanks...
Jerry Brightman

Ohio
Post  Posted 5 Jan 2004 9:29 am    

Jesse,
The scale on this instrument is 24 1/4, and is built from parts that are ususally on the pedal guitars. This made it very comfortable for me, as the guitar feels like my pedal guitars..Many emails have asked about the tuning I'm using, and quite honestly, I couldn't begin to tell you as I have strings tuned all over the place for various songs...Paul (Franklin) did share some thoughts with me when he owned 8 string guitars...I can tell you that I'm using a standard C6th set of strings to arrive at these various combinations...

Thanks for being so kind to me, and I'm glad to be a part of this instrument with or without pedals

Best regards,

Jerry
http://www.slidestation.com

[This message was edited by Jerry Brightman on 05 January 2004 at 09:32 AM.]