| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Bobby Black
Billy Wilson

El Cerrito, California, USA
Post  Posted 10 Dec 2003 1:01 pm    

I'm gonna check out the Reverand Mr. Black tonight playing a Hawaiian gig with Patrick Landeza. The last time I talked to Bobby he told me it's been quite a while since he played a gig with a pedal instrument. He sounds GREAT on his D-8 Stringmaster. I'll report back as to how it is. They're playing at Henflings in Ben Lomand Ca tonight.
More later. Bill W
Jay Fagerlie

Lotus, California, USA
Post  Posted 10 Dec 2003 1:29 pm    

I happened to see Bobby Black and meet him at the memorial for Jimmie Rivers in Sac. awhile back. That is a great sounding D-8. He sure knows how to pull out the perfect notes from that thing. I think he was using a Stereo Steel (?) amp. What a nice guy. What part of Ca. is his show? Is it public?

Jay
Billy Wilson

El Cerrito, California, USA
Post  Posted 11 Dec 2003 1:21 pm    

The show last night a Henflings lats night was all world class. Patrick Landeza, in excellent voice, was doing lot's of real deal Hawaiian picks and giving lot's of space to his steeler, Bobby Black. Out of this excellent five piece outfit(acoustic bass, conga drums, rhythm guitar, slack key lead and double eight Stringmaster, it was really Bobby who was doing most of the solos and fills. It's a real pleasure to hear a player of Bobby's calibur work out all evening playin' a whole lotta steel guitar. Bobby also plays the Fender in the Western Swing outfit Lost Weekend. Check him out soon! You'll be glad you did.
Bill W.