| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Robert Randolph cover story in Guitar Player
David Doggett

Bawl'mer, MD (formerly of MS, Nawluns, Gnashville, Knocksville, Lost Angeles, Bahsten. and Philly)
Post  Posted 21 Jul 2004 7:05 am    

Don't really mean to start another RR thread, but I thought I'd announce this event as a new topic, for those who might be interested in getting a copy. There's not really much new here if you have been following RR, but it is a decent article with an interview, details of his equipment, and photos of him with his Fessie. In fact the Fessie is the guitar featured across the top of the page on the cover.
Bill Hatcher

Atlanta Ga. USA
Post  Posted 21 Jul 2004 7:32 am    

There may not be much new here to us on the forum, but to the legions of readers of GP this will be the first time a lot of them will have a chance to learn about the pedal steel guitar. Great for Jerry Fessenden and for the instrument in general.

Like it or not RR is the highest profile player in the world today on the pedal steel guitar. He is good for the instrument!!!
Jim Cohen

Philadelphia, PA
Post  Posted 21 Jul 2004 7:33 am    

... and this time no one removed the "Fessenden" logo from the image, right? Jerry should have run a big ad in that issue. Maybe he can get into the next one.

[This message was edited by Jim Cohen on 21 July 2004 at 08:34 AM.]

Jim Smith

Midlothian, TX, USA
Post  Posted 21 Jul 2004 8:04 am    

In the cover picture that Jerry sent me, the Fessenden logo isn't visible, but the Longhorn fret markers sure are, and the picture of the neck does say, "ROBERT RANDOLPH'S CUSTOM 13-STRING FESSENDEN".

Go Jerry!
Mike Neer

NJ
Post  Posted 21 Jul 2004 2:23 pm    

I was on a movie shoot yesterday and while we waiting to shoot our scene, a gentleman came around with contact paper a knife and assorted other goodies. Within 10 minutes he had gotten rid of all logos on amps and keyboards. I asked him "why?", and then I also asked if it was standard practice to do it on Grammy shows, etc. His answer was "Yes, they do it for the sake of investors and the future holders of the rights of the show. The legal team insists on doing this to squelch any potential conflicts or liabilities, or just any ol' possibility for litigation. If I didn't do it or missed something, I got my ass chewed out."

There you have it--it was not any kind of snub of Fessenden. This is the business today.
Russ Young

Seattle, Washington, USA
Post  Posted 21 Jul 2004 4:39 pm    

If you haven't looked recently at his web site, RR seems to be making amends for the missing Fessenden logo ...
Theresa Galbraith

Goodlettsville,Tn. USA
Post  Posted 22 Jul 2004 4:35 am    

Go Robert!