| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  True Friends... Ernest Cawby, his family and Joe
Wayne Baker

Altus Oklahoma
Post  Posted 31 Oct 2003 11:57 pm    

Tonight, after jammin' with Ernest in Quitman Ga, I went out to move my truck closer so I could load my steel rig. As I tried to start my truck, I heard a click. Now, Ernest, his beautiful daughter, his wonderful wife, and this bass player named Joe all stayed out with me till about 0130hrs while I pulled the starter out of my truck. Joe tore it apart and put it back together again. Lynn, Ernest's daughter, heald the flashlight while I put the starter back in, and Ernest said he wasn't going to leave me stranded, no matter what. Were inseparable he said. I took the starter out twice and finally after joe did his Magiver thing with the starter, it started.

Never, in 37 yrs have I experienced true friendship like that. They all stayed with me no matter what. We could all learn something from this steel-player-Ernest- Cawby, his family, and friends.

Thank you Ernest, to your family and Joe,
Wayne Baker
Roger Crawford

Griffin, GA USA
Post  Posted 2 Nov 2003 6:16 am    

Wayne...true friends like that are a blessing for sure. I know, as I have a dear friend that would do the same for me , and I for him. There's just something magical about those types of relationships. Must be the music!
Roger
Ernest Cawby

Lake City, Florida, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 5 Nov 2003 9:03 pm    

Roger really looking forward to seeing you in Quitman.

ernie

ps when we take someone home we do not leave untill they are in the house, when we are out playing we do not leave till everyone cranks and moves out, just the way we do things.
Roger Crawford

Griffin, GA USA
Post  Posted 10 Nov 2003 3:06 pm    

Ernie...I was down in your neck of the woods over the weekend! Went down to Adel,GA and did a little quail hunting, a little golf, and a whole lot of a game I call "hide the vittals". Looking forward to Quitman!
Roger