| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Laid off of project - seeking IT work
Bill Fulbright

Atlanta, GA
Post  Posted 15 Sep 2003 9:14 am    

Here is my cover letter. If any of you know of anyone in the computer systems / testing business, especially financial services such as credit cards, please let me know asap.

WILLIAM A. FULBRIGHT
Wilmington, Delaware
302-369-1668
e-mail: bfulbright@2100solutions.com
http://2100solutions.com
(download resume from website)
http://bfulbright.bizland.com/wafresume.htm

Dear Sirs,

I am a technically fluent, global QA Project Manager with 15 years of Credit Card, Banking and Finance experience. I am looking for a management position to continue conceptualizing, designing, developing, implementing and cross system testing systems. My generalized experience includes:

Most recent position, term and market:
Project Manager IST Coordination, 6 Months, Bank One Financial Services

Prior position, term and market:
Regional Project Manager - IST/UAT/QA - Test Director/WinRunner Regional Support -Citicorp, 42 Months, Citibank's Latin American Region

Prior position, term and market:
Project Manager, 6 Months, Sunglass Hut International, Retail Credit Card Sales Reconciliation Development, Interactive Testing, Implementation and Training.

In addition to the practical experience outlined above, I have hands on knowledge of:
Test Director, WinRunner, Load Runner, IVR, ATM, On-Line Applications, MC/VISA Int'l Associations, Connect irect NDM, IBM MQ Series, Message Level Interfaces (MLI), and related credit card / banking global interfaces.

My family and I will relocate, if necessary. My resume can be downloaded at http://bfulbright.bizland.com/wafresume.htm

Please review my resume attached, or online at http://2100solutions.com - click Welcome Link, then Prez's Resume. If my expertise matches your requisition requirements, I would look forward to hearing from you.

Respectfully Submitted,

Bill Fulbright

Home: 302-369-1688
Fax / Voice Mail: 877-425-4426
Email: bfulbright@2100solutions.com
Resume Site: http://2100solutions.com

------------------
Bill Fulbright
Mullen D-10 8x7; Gibson ES-165; Yamaha SY-77; Peavey Vegas 400;
ICQ# 2251620 My Music Site

[This message was edited by Bill Fulbright on 15 September 2003 at 10:52 AM.]

[This message was edited by Bill Fulbright on 15 September 2003 at 10:53 AM.]

[This message was edited by Bill Fulbright on 15 September 2003 at 10:54 AM.]

Bobbe Seymour

Hendersonville TN USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 15 Sep 2003 9:22 am    

I must say that I know Bill Fulbright personally and have found him to be a very intelligent, hard working and humorus guy. I'll give him a big recommendation. Any company should be honored to have him on the payroll. Lets help a great fellow steeler if we can .
Bobbe Seymour

[This message was edited by BobbeSeymour on 15 September 2003 at 10:23 AM.]

Jim Smith

Midlothian, TX, USA
Post  Posted 15 Sep 2003 9:28 am    

Sorry to hear about your layoff Bill, join the club. I was laid off from my software engineering (programming) job last May after six years with the same company.

My old company ended up calling me back for some part-time contracting work and I love it! They're paying me enough extra to cover my own benefits and self employment taxes, and still end up at the same level of pay I had before. AND I now get paid by the hour instead of them complaining that I didn't work enough OT while on salary.

I'm usually able to space the work out so I get one week's contracting pay, then one week's unemployment, and am finally able to start catching up on things at home. Eventually I might even get around to practicing.

Keep your chin up and things will work out. They always do!
Ron Page

Penn Yan, NY USA
Post  Posted 15 Sep 2003 9:29 am    

Passed it along to a friend in HR at Sogeti -- a spin off of Cap Gemini Ernst & Young, where I used to work. I don't know if they have operations in your part of the country, but he'll figure it out if they do...

Best wishes,

Ron
Bill Fulbright

Atlanta, GA
Post  Posted 15 Sep 2003 9:41 am    

Thanks, guys for your support.

We will also be very willing to relocate.

I have been all over the job boards, and have a private network that is also in motion. I just had the brain fart this morning to post my cover letter and resume link on my favorite lurking places on the web.

Thank you for your patience. If this thread is not in the right place, please move it to the most appropriate place.

Thanks, Bobbe. I was hoping to move closer to you so I could come in there and pester you more regularly.

------------------
Bill Fulbright
Mullen D-10 8x7; Gibson ES-165; Yamaha SY-77; Peavey Vegas 400;
ICQ# 2251620 My Music Site

[This message was edited by Bill Fulbright on 15 September 2003 at 10:46 AM.]

Eric West

Portland, Oregon, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 15 Sep 2003 9:06 pm    

My friend Tom Van Vleck is in advanced systems such as you mention, and is a person of some note in his field, as you can see. I've forwarded an introduction, and hope it is in line with your resume. I've known him for several years of casual correspondence. It's possible he may be of some help.

Feel free to email him. He always has time to read mine

Eric West