| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Bruce Kaphan's "Slider". Terrific.
Mike Perlowin

Los Angeles CA
Post  Posted 30 Dec 2001 12:22 am    

All I can say is WOW. This is something new and different and absolutely wonderful. With this CD Bruce has established himself firmly in the forefront of the avant garde among us. The music is intruiging and hauntingly beautiful, and Bruce is an obviously outstanding player.

I love this CD. I can see how some players who are only interested in country might not, but I think it's a total gas.

This one's going to get listened to a lot.
Mark van Allen

Watkinsville, Ga. USA
Post  Posted 31 Dec 2001 11:02 am    

I'll double up on this one, what a great CD! Fascinating and deep, intricate and flowing. Great background music for anything relaxing- and a great tone that any player will admire. Bruce is also a producer of some note- he has a big article on a rock band he just produced in this month's "Recording" magazine. I really think most steelers would appreciate his CD.

------------------
Mark van Allen-"Blueground Undergrass" Pedal, Non-Pedal, Lap, and Dobro - c'mon by and visit: www.markvanallen.com
Olli Haavisto

Jarvenpaa,Finland
Post  Posted 31 Dec 2001 1:10 pm    

I`ve been listening to the CD a lot and I love it too.Works especially well through headphones,it`s like soundtrack to a movie I wish someone would make!

------------------
Olli Haavisto
Polar steeler
Finland

Gerald Menke

Stormville NY, USA
Post  Posted 2 Jan 2002 12:24 pm    

I would like to jump on and mention how much I admire Bruce's record; I think it is a must listen for all of us. His tone, phrasing, composition, and harmony sense are really all his own, and he comes up with great titles as well. "Outpost" for example. What's more, he is a real gentleman; I wrote to BK to tell him how much I enjoy his record (it was his playing after all that led me to the steel) he responded right away to thank me. He is the man.
A happy New Year to all of you by the way!

yours,

Gerald
Sage

Boulder, Colorado
Post  Posted 2 Jan 2002 1:05 pm    

I just heard a song from it last night on the nationally syndicated "Echoes" radio program. It was on the list of the best CD's of 2001. I can see why.
T. Sage Harmos
Bill Terry

Bastrop, TX
Post  Posted 2 Jan 2002 4:37 pm    

A co-worker came up today and GAVE!! me a copy of this CD. He knew I played steel and just wanted me to have it...

I love it... for some reason it sorta reminds me of Joni Mitchell back in the Hejira days... Don't know why exactly.

------------------
Home Page