| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Goto page 1, 2  Next
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Where have you gone, Ed Naylor?
Pete Ballard

Detroit, MI, USA
Post  Posted 24 Sep 2001 12:29 pm    

Help! I ordered some knee levers from Ed sometime in early July. He said that he had them in stock and that they would be shipped to me after he polished them. I waited about a month, then I called him. He said that he had been extremely busy but that the knee levers were finally done and that he would ship them the next day. Since then, I've called him three more times only to hear the same thing, he’s been busy, the knee levers are done, and they will be shipped the next day.

Well, it's been a few weeks since the last time I spoke with Ed. Still no knee levers. I tried calling today, but got no answer. Has anyone else heard from him lately?

Concerned,
Pete
Jim Smith

Midlothian, TX, USA
Post  Posted 24 Sep 2001 12:47 pm    

He posted a message on the Forum about 30 minutes ago.
Ed Naylor

portsmouth.ohio usa, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 24 Sep 2001 1:34 pm    

Pete call me. I am in and out trying to finish moving. Also my E-Mail is giving me some problems.Ed
Pete Ballard

Detroit, MI, USA
Post  Posted 29 Oct 2001 1:58 pm    

Well, after seeing my last post, Ed called me to give me his latest list of excuses. After realizing that I would not be happy until he actually sends me the product that I paid for, he offered me a refund. I agreed.

I still have not received my refund (5 weeks later). I called Ed last week to give him one more chance before I post this, but that obviously didn’t work. Apparently, Ed only responds to his customers when he sees posts like this on the forum. And I’m not the only one. Check out this thread that started about a month before mine:
http://steelguitarforum.com/Forum15/HTML/000388.html

This forum has been an invaluable resource for me and I am very grateful for it. I have had nothing but good experiences dealing with other venders that I’ve contacted through the forum (Bobbe, Scotty, Duane Dunard, Bobby Lee), and I’ve met some great people. I feel guilty using the forum for this purpose, but I hate getting jerked around and ripped off. Plus, I don’t know what else to do.

So, if anyone’s considering doing business with Ed Naylor, DON’T DO IT. It’s more trouble than it is worth.
Antolina

Dunkirk NY
Post  Posted 29 Oct 2001 3:08 pm    

Without editorializing,do yourself a favor. Next time you needs parts and/or service for that steel of yours call Bobbe Seymour. Not only wll you get your order filled but Bobbe will even say thanks. Not such a bad deal huh?
Vern Kendrick

Earth
Post  Posted 29 Oct 2001 4:34 pm    

Pete,It takes a long time to polish those Knee Levers
Tommy Minniear

Logansport, Indiana
Post  Posted 29 Oct 2001 5:07 pm    

Take RC's advice and call Bobbe!

------------------
Tommy Minniear

Bob Carlson

Surprise AZ.
Post  Posted 29 Oct 2001 7:05 pm    

That's why I bought a new amp from Bobby Seymore. I've never heard ANYONE say anything bad about not recieving the goods they had ordered. It cost a few more bucks, but do you really need a spare set of tubes for one.

And you have no way of knowing just how used a used one might be used.

Bob Carlson.

[This message was edited by Bob Carlson on 29 October 2001 at 07:10 PM.]

[This message was edited by Bob Carlson on 30 October 2001 at 06:44 AM.]

Jerry Hedge

Norwood Ohio U.S.A.
Post  Posted 29 Oct 2001 7:09 pm    

I've worked in retail music on and off for 32 years,and I haven't seen a dealer yet that didn't get knocked for lousy service. I hear complants all the time about Cincinnati's largest local music chain. But when the local Better Business Bureau runs full page ads about being a wise consumer this company is listed as a recomened business. I've done business with Ed for 6 years and have had nothing but a positive experience. When I started playing this instrument I had more desire than money. Ed added knee levers to an old Fender (built by Sho-Bud) student model I had and put me in the running. He gave me a good deal on my first pro guitar, and when I was ready for my current instrument,he could have sold me something he had in stock,he found me one that a another dealer had in stock. It was just what I was looking for. Ed might be slow but he is a one man operation and not in the best of health. But he is one of the most helpful people in the music business.

[This message was edited by Jerry Hedge on 29 October 2001 at 07:13 PM.]

Pete Ballard

Detroit, MI, USA
Post  Posted 30 Oct 2001 2:57 am    

Yeah, I know. I've done business with Bobbe before and have never been disappointed. The last time I was in Nashville, I visited his store, and he definitely runs a first class business. I don't know what I was thinking.
Bob Carlson

Surprise AZ.
Post  Posted 30 Oct 2001 6:50 am    

Bobby,
You really got a lot of us snowed. But did I really need the spare set of tubes you sold me for the 400?

Bob Carlson.
David Martin

Kingsport, TN 37660 USA
Post  Posted 30 Oct 2001 10:28 am    

Pete Ballard,
I know exactly how you feel. I ordered and paid for parts from Ed a couple of years ago. I have tried everything I know to get Ed to set things right.(including posting here on an earlier thread.)
I can understand someone making a mistake now and then and not being aware of it, but when a mistake is pointed out, that person should make every effort to correct it.
Ed promised me a refund weeks ago,which I didn't receive.
I'm not talking about big bucks but that's not the point. If Ed can live with it, I can live without it.
I would not believe anything the man told me. I would never do business with him again.
Bobbe Seymour

Hendersonville TN USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 30 Oct 2001 10:36 am    

Bob Carlson, Tubes, Ha! Yep,Superhetrodyne!
Bob Carlson

Surprise AZ.
Post  Posted 30 Oct 2001 11:02 am    

Guys, you have to remenber the old Norweigen saying, "Do me wrong once, shame on you. Do me wrong twice, shame on me. Uff Da!

Bob Carlson.

[This message was edited by Bob Carlson on 31 October 2001 at 11:58 AM.]

Pete Ballard

Detroit, MI, USA
Post  Posted 30 Oct 2001 1:10 pm    

David - I wonder how many other steel players good ole Ed has stolen money from. You're right. The money he took from you or me may not be a lot, but eventually it adds up.

Jerry - Like you said, Ed may be slow, but according to my bank statement, he didn't waste any time cashing my check.

Man, I'm pissed.
Vern Kendrick

Earth
Post  Posted 30 Oct 2001 5:57 pm    

Well, I guess a fan club is out of the question........
Glenn Austin

Montreal, Canada
Post  Posted 31 Oct 2001 8:20 am    

Man, I hate having to do this, but here it goes. I sent Ed a $50.00 money order in September 2000, for some guaged rollers that would fit on my Sho Bud. In May of 2001 I still hadn't received the parts and ended up selling that guitar. I called Ed to either get a refund or a to change the order to something else I might need. I decided to get one of his pac a seat kits.He told me that it might take a couple of weeks because he was moving and everything was packed,blah blah blah (fair enough I thought). Well it was now the month of October
and still no seat kit. I called Ed to tell him to forget about it, and he agreed and was apologetic about the delays. We agreed that he would promptly send me back a money order. Well I'm still waiting! Like somebody said in a previous thread" The space shuttle has been to space and back quite a few times since all this started...". I realize that my $50.00 order is not important compared to somebody ordering a $2000.00 guitar, but come on! My name is Tucker not Sucker! You can still make this situation right Ed. DO THE RIGHT THING!!
Glenn Austin

Montreal, Canada
Post  Posted 31 Oct 2001 8:34 am    

Bob, Excuse me for using this space to rant.
Bob Brocius

Lake Katrine, NY USA Don't blink, you'll miss it.!
Post  Posted 31 Oct 2001 9:28 am    

A little over a year ago, I posted on this forum that I had problems getting a new case for the JCH I used to own. I posted that I had finally received good service from Bobbe S. At that time, I chose to speak positive about the good service from Bobbe and only mention the bad service from the other supplier, rather than include his name. Well now I feel it is right to bring this out. Ed was the problem supplier, (non-supplier). I prepaid for the case but all I ever got was excuses. He finally promised to refund my money but once again, it did not come in a timely manner. I finally called him on his 800 number and threathened legal action. Only then did I receive a refund. To my surprise, the check did not bounce.

Not only do I refuse to attempt doing any business with him, I won't even post replies to threads on this forum that he starts. With me, he "crossed the line" and I don't want ANYTHING to do with him, period.!!!

------------------
Bobby Brocius, ZumSteel D-10, 8x8, Blue, BL910 PUs

Ed Naylor

Post  Posted 31 Oct 2001 11:57 am    

I want to thank all you "Unhappy" customers for the great publicity about me and my business. You have made the whole forum aware that I am the guy that has a "TOLL FREE" number and a source for those "Impossible to find" parts etc for your old 30-40 year Sho-Bud, Emmons, ZB etc. I don't believe in any of the cases I asked for money "upfront" In all these posted complaints your refund has been sent after we had a phone conversation to settle the matter.Good luck on finding this stuff at a local hardware store. Ed Naylor Steel Guitar Works
Pete Ballard

Detroit, MI, USA
Post  Posted 31 Oct 2001 1:30 pm    

Ed - We had a "phone conversation to settle this matter" on September 24th (scroll up to see the date of your last post). I'm no postal engineer, but I don't think it takes over 5 weeks to mail a check from Ohio to Detroit. Also, you did ask me to send the money up front. Why the hell else would I send you money?

Please do not patronize me and my fellow forumites with your ridiculous lies. We may be stupid enough to send you money, but we're not complete idiots.

Just do the right thing and give us our money.

[This message was edited by Pete Ballard on 31 October 2001 at 01:31 PM.]

Pete Ballard

Detroit, MI, USA
Post  Posted 31 Oct 2001 1:42 pm    

Quote:
a source for those "Impossible to find" parts

Yeah, they must be "Impossible to ship" parts, too.
Ed Naylor

Post  Posted 31 Oct 2001 2:34 pm    

Mr Ballard- We last spoke OCTOBER 22. I sent you a check #1032 the next day. I had a Guitar delivered to a customer in California Oct 9.UPS picked up the check and it was mailed to me. I still haven't received it. Their tracer shows it being sent to Massachusetts and they can't find it . If you have watched the news the Postal service is having problems with the Anthrax scare.Am I being unfair to ask you to Post that you received it when it arrives????? Ed
Tommy Detamore

Floresville, Texas
Post  Posted 1 Nov 2001 7:14 am    

Gee Ed, I see you are still around. I was begining to wonder...I guess this is probably not the best time but do you have any intention of ever sending those parts? I'm not mad or anything, I just need to know if you are going to do what you said you would do. If not I'll do something else.

Tommy D.
Ed Naylor

Post  Posted 1 Nov 2001 7:47 am    

Tommy Detamore- I have tried to call you but I get a message your phone has been disconnected.Ed