| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Sho-Bud or Emmons steel bar
Mike Gobbi

Acworth, Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 4 Feb 2003 5:58 pm    

My lap steel teacher has a sho-bud bar and an Emmons steel bar (That's what is engraved on the butt of the bar). They are completely solid and have great balance. Does anyone know where they can be bought or a model that is similar? Thanks.
Michael T. Hermsmeyer

Branson, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 6 Feb 2003 2:57 am    

Hi Mike. The bars you are referring to are both made of solid stainless steel. There are many companies that sell these bars including Dunlop, Emmons, and George L's. Ernie Ball has a chrome plated brass bar. Most of these bars are fine and many players have their favorites.

I prefer the bars made by Bill Stroud and the BJS company. They are hard chrome plated and are considered to be among the best ever made. Although they may seem pricey upfront, it is an investment you will never regret. If you're just beginning, the stainless bar is fine. But when you decide you're addicted to steel, do yourself a favor and buy a BJS. I have two of them and have never regretted it. Bill has always fixed any problem and has been great to deal with. He is a super guy. I also use his plated picks.

Michael T.

------------------
UTILITY MAN PRODUCTIONS
'73 EMMONS D10 FATBACK, '92 EMMONS D10 LASHLEY LEGRANDE,
'85 DOBRO 60DS, '95 DOBRO F60S,
'95 MELOBAR CUSTOM, 1955 FENDER TRIPLE NECK STRINGMASTER. EVANS, FENDER, PEAVEY,
and MESA BOOGIE Amps.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger