| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  What Media Players Do You Use?
Chris Schlotzhauer

Colleyville, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 28 Dec 2004 5:01 pm    

I gave my wife a new HP notebook for Christmas, so I'm compelled to configure it for all my favorites. I;'m wireless now, and this thing is awsome. Anyway, I'm looking at the media players available. I was looking at iTunes player, download, and it uses Quicktime for the default video. I also can download Windows Media player for the player. I don't think Windows Media offers downloading.
My questions are: as just a media player (audio/video), which is better?
What do you guys use for downloading? (best country selection/price).
Thanks
sonbone

Waxahachie, TX
Post  Posted 31 Dec 2004 4:35 am    

Chris,

I like the RealPlayer music store for downloading. The price is usually $.99 per song which isn't the cheapest, but pretty much the norm. To me the quality of the audio is far better than WalMart Music Downloads (which you can get via a plugin in Windows Media Player) and a little better than iTunes, just my opinion as the mp4's of iTunes are also better than the mp3's of WalMart. The selection of all of the outlets I've tried leaves something to be desired as far as the Country genre is concerned.

As far as which media player I use, I probably use the Windows Media Player more than RealPlayer when playing most media (ie. mp3, mpg, wmv, wav, etc.)

Sonny

------------------
http://geocities.com/sonbone1
sonbone@geocities.com

Mark Sonnabaum

Denton, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 31 Dec 2004 7:05 am    

I would seriously give iTunes another look. If there is one music store that will survive this mess of new music stores, its iTunes. One thing you might consider is what MP3 player you will get in the future. If you want to get an iPod you should probably get used to the iTunes store. If you get one of the samsung players they are tied to the napster store.

Mark