| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  sending files to cd-rw
Mickey Lawson

Cleveland, Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 30 Apr 2004 6:17 am    

I have win98 on a computer I use for dbase. I connected a zip-drive (usb), and installed a cd-rw. Problem is when I try to send a file to them, the only options that open-up, are to send the file to a:drive, my documents, etc. How can I get the window to offer zip-drive and cd-rw? Both work ok, but I have to load the cd or floppy from my winxp computer. Anyone know a compatible dbase upgrade for dbase-3plus? Thanks.
Gere Mullican

LaVergne, Tennessee, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 30 Apr 2004 1:33 pm    

Mickey, have you thought of switching to Access? I used DBase and RBase when I was working. I now use Microsoft Access. It is much easier and friendly to use. DBase requires you to prepare your database to search. If you decide to search on another field you have to do it again. Access does not need anything done to it. Just put your cursor in any field and do a filter and BAM!! it's done. I am not trying to sell you on Microsoft products but for me it is so much easier to use. I used the other 2 programs for many years and thought they were so good until I doscovered Access. Just a suggestion. You can open DBase files with Access also and them save as MDB (Access database files).
Gere