| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Digital PC Recording Software
Rick Tyson

Ohio
Post  Posted 21 Apr 2003 9:28 am    

I know this subject has been brought up many times ,but with the ever changing world of PC recording software, I think I have found the best out there as far as PC recording after trying many on the market . Its called MAGIX DELUX. Affordable, simple to use,with a multitude of built in effects. Its a 64 track stereo enchanced, multiple dehisser noise reducer equiped system.

After laying down a few tracks and burning to a CD, it was a crystal clear stereo production with all the bells and whistles added through the Aux. Busses in the software, I was so impressed with the results I recorded a six track all steel instrumental CD and the quality was as good as many I have done in the studio.

Have any of you who have tried MAGIX ,any comments on this software?
Larry R

Navasota, Tx.
Post  Posted 21 Apr 2003 1:33 pm    

I tried Magix Audio Cleaning Lab. I don't know if I'm using it right or not. The users manual could be used for toilet paper. It's totally useless. It tells me I can do this and I can do that but NEVER EXPLAINS HOW TO USE THE SOFTWARE. I emailed them and told they could take it and shove up their @#$%^.
I'll probably never buy any of their products again.
Harold Jack Baker

Ladora, Iowa, USA
Post  Posted 28 Apr 2003 10:05 am    

I've got Cakewalk Home studio 9, Cakewalk 2002. Sonar 1 and 2 and Cool Edit 2. They all seem to tell you what the software can do but don't seem to tell you how to do it. Cool Edit seems to work pretty good compared to the rest for me anyway. It sure takes a large learning curve.

------------------
Texas Jack
Vernon Hester

Cayce,SC USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 28 Apr 2003 1:31 pm    

I use Magix to multi-track (Deluxe 6 version).
Sonic foundry to edit, all good stuff
Vern
Chip Fossa

Monson, MA, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 28 Apr 2003 4:35 pm    

Same with BIAB. I've had BIAB for 3-4 years now, and it seems every time I click on something.....it doesn't work.

They've got all these tutorials, and they are pretty confusing.

They assume you are graduate student at the Berklee School of Music majoring in traditional jazz with a minor in avante garde
jazz and pop-jazz.

The trouble with BIAB, IMHO, is that you better know notation and really know the difference between a triplet and and 2 quarter notes, one of them dotted.

Got me. It's not that user friendly to me. Their manuals are very confusing, and, I suppose, because I am 'terminology illiterate'.

And I keep buying their NEW editions in the hope that this one will finally make everything, or most everything, clearer.

Not to be. I hardly use BIAB. It's complicated and frustrating and is almost elitist, gearing itself to an assumed degree of jazz knowledge.

They admit right in the beginning, around version 7.0, that there may be a conflict of terms, where their CHORUS is not what most of us think of as a chorus. If you don't even get this straight [which I have not] from the git-go, then you are in a big jamb
when it comes to writing out music on BIAB.

I just find it a tough program.

Chipper

[This message was edited by CHIP FOSSA on 28 April 2003 at 05:36 PM.]

Chip Fossa

Monson, MA, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 29 Apr 2003 6:44 pm    

bump