| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Band in A Box?
Ray Jenkins

Gold Canyon Az. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 21 Oct 2000 2:44 pm    

How it works? When you program it it will it take a computer guru to do it?Is it really good to practice with?How Much $$ and whos got one for sale.Thanks Ray

------------------
Steeling is still legal in Arizona
Robert Parent

Gillette, WY
Post  Posted 22 Oct 2000 3:20 am    

If you check out the web site listed below I think most of your questions will be answered. There is also a demo version you can download and try before buying. The cost is under a $100.00. Programming involves typing in the chord letters and selecting a music style. It can't get much easier IMHO.
www.pgmusic.com
Richard Sinkler

aka: Rusty Strings -- Missoula, Montana
Post  Posted 22 Oct 2000 7:27 am    

Very very easy. Great tool.

------------------
Carter D10 8p/10k
Richard Sinkler BS, www.sinkler.com

Jim Palenscar

Oceanside, Calif, USA
Post  Posted 22 Oct 2000 12:45 pm    

Talk to Jim Baron- "Big Jim's Pickin' Tracks"- BigJim4b@madnet.net - he is a guru with Band In A Box and is a PG Music distributor and steel player~~ he's great to work with~~
Mike Spaeth

Springdale, Arkansas
Post  Posted 22 Oct 2000 2:25 pm    

While on the subject. Does anyone know what's wrong, or is anyone else having this problem?
I have a newer Compaq computer and as I play along with the BIAB program it will drop a beat here and there,more so on fast tunes.
To me it seems like a problem of keeping up
memory wise. Could this be possible with a 500 speed processer and a 10gig hard drive?
Fred Murphy

Indianapolis, In. USA
Post  Posted 22 Oct 2000 3:57 pm    

I have two newer model HPs and one does the same thing and the other is alright. I would like to know the answer also. I think it may have something to do with the cache memory capabilities. I like BIAB to use with the Calkewalk program. You can program them up in BIAB and import to cakewalk and make a good practice track.

[This message was edited by Fred Murphy on 22 October 2000 at 05:00 PM.]

mtulbert

Plano, Texas 75023
Post  Posted 22 Oct 2000 6:02 pm    

Mike,

Make sure that you have nothing running in the background, like an antivirus program or another application. That could be the problem.

Regards,

Mark T.
Lori Smith

Cloverdale, California, USA
Post  Posted 23 Oct 2000 6:12 am    

Moving this over to the Computers.

------------------
Lori Smith - email: lori@b0b.com - Web Page Design - PictureHost.net
Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 23 Oct 2000 6:55 am    

I have a newer Compaq Presario (5170) and don't have any "drop out" problems. However I am using an add on Soundblaster AWE64 audio board instead of the ESS1869 onboard audio (on the motherboard) that came with the PC.

For the ones having problems, check with the PC vendor (Compaq or HP) and see if there are any updates. Could be a problem that has been identified and fixed with a software update. I know Compaq and HP both have software updates available on line.
Chip Fossa

Monson, MA, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 23 Oct 2000 9:31 am    

Hi everyone....I thought I read somewhere
in the BIAB manual and 'tutors' that you can plug a MIDI'd external keyboard into your soundcard and will be able to make notations
in BIAB.
Well, I'm all set up with this, but it doesn't write out the notes on the staff when
I hit a note/chord on the keyboard.
Do I have to go in somewhere and check off a few boxes? Or did I read about this in A DIFFERENT music program and confusing it with BIAB?

Thanks All......I sure would like to get this going, if it's possible.

Chips Ahoy
Jim Baron

Madera, Ca.
Post  Posted 24 Oct 2000 7:24 am    

On the problem of dropped notes;

"(3-11)-Why is my playback Jerky in Band in a Box?
Occasional hiccoughs can occur if your machine is doing something else and hogging the CPU, like writing a big file to the hard drive, or checking a Net connection, or other programs are working in the background. They would normally not cause more than a sporadic problem though. A MIDI In interface that was hooked up wrong, or on a bad IRQ could also cause the problem, though disconnecting the MIDI IN cable or de-selecting the MIDI IN Driver should indicate if that's the problem.
Another issue might be that PCI bus being locked out by the video Driver. This is caused by accelerated video drivers taking over the system for 50ms or more. The solution is to disable accelerated video (Control Panel-Display-Settings-Advanced-Performance-Hardware Acceleration=NONE."

More info on BIAB/PT can be found at;
"http://www.pgmusic.com/techfaq.htm#top"

Hope this helps.
BUDDY BARROWCLIFF

Sayre,Pa
Post  Posted 24 Oct 2000 10:02 am    

Having had same problem of dropouts after installed a scanner. Would also cause my cursor to be jumpy and caused problems with paging in MS Word. Dumped scanner software and then ok.
I think you will usually find these problems are due to conflicts ie interupts.
Check it out
Fred Murphy

Indianapolis, In. USA
Post  Posted 25 Oct 2000 1:39 pm    

IRC Music in Indy has BIAB new in a box for $44.00, one copy only. That's half price. You will probably want to order some more stuff later on, but this will get you started. The # is 1-317-881-8252 if you are interested. Tell them it is located in the bargain box. Whoever answers will know where to look.