| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  found Peavey Session 2000
Jason Schofield

Post  Posted 27 Jan 2006 1:21 am    

When my step-father passed away and left me his Franklin S-10, he also had a Peavey Session 2000 at the house. I didn't think much about the amp and just left it at my mom's. It's been sitting there for almost 2 years collecting dust. Well I went and picked it up tonight and started reading the past threads about the 2000. I was suprised to find out what a unique "find" this was. I have no manual so I'm going to contact Mike Brown. I can't wait to dig into this amp. I also found a Pro Fex II at my mom's. I've messed with it a bit. I've been practicing through a Mesa/Boogie DC-3 so this Peavey should be a big improvement (for steel that is).
Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 27 Jan 2006 3:37 am    

You won't need the Profex with the 2000 as it has basically the effects processor section of a Transtube Fex built into it. The Transtube Fex (and Tube Fex) are basically the "next generation" of the Profex II. But, if your step-father has a Peavey Cache (memory) card for the Profex II you can use that with the 2000 to store user effects.
Ken Fox

Nashville GA USA
Post  Posted 27 Jan 2006 4:57 am    

Both units have a memory battery. You should pull the chassis out and check for leakage. Also remove the cover of the Profex 2 and check that battery as well!

Great find! You should enjoy both
Mike Brown

Meridian, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 27 Jan 2006 7:01 am    

Jason, if you need further assistance let me know. Our factory techs can provide service should the amp need it.
David Wren

Placerville, California, USA
Post  Posted 29 Jan 2006 6:07 am    

Jason, you can most likely find the user manual for this amp at the PV web site, I found one for my Session 500.

------------------
Dave Wren
'95Carter S12-E9/B6,7X7; Twin Session 500s; Hilton Pedal; Black Box
www.ameechapman.com

Jason Schofield

Post  Posted 29 Jan 2006 12:44 pm    

They didn't have the manual on the web site anymore so I ordered one from Mike. I didn't realize they only made 150 of these amps.
Jon Light

Saugerties, NY
Post  Posted 29 Jan 2006 12:58 pm    

I don't mean to speak for Mike but if I recall, after they went into production they found that a part or parts they were relying on were discontinued (what a nightmare for a manufacturer!) and they decided that in order to be able to provide customer support for the amps they had already made, the only choice was to stop production in order to have spare parts. I was impressed with this thinking (if I've got it right--do I, Mike?)
Jason Schofield

Post  Posted 29 Jan 2006 1:36 pm    

Yes, that's correct. I read through all the old threads regarding this amp. Quite a story. All the time they spent developing this amp all for not.
Bob Martin

Madison Tn
Post  Posted 30 Jan 2006 5:51 am    

Jason, they developed one almost like it but for lead guitar. It's called the Transfex pro with 2 12's and a stereo power amp. I'm not sure how many they made of it but it to seems pretty rare. I have thought about selling it so I started watching ebay for an appropriate price and surprisingly very few ever come thru there.

I don't know if everybody loves them and just don't sell them or if they didn't make many. Mine has been a great amp but I don't need that much of an amp any more (very heavey). It has 130 watts per side and believe me it can fill a big club.

I just have a feeling that they were using the same parts for the transfex pro as they were the 2000 and that's why you don't see to many of either one.

Bob
Mike Brown

Meridian, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 30 Jan 2006 7:45 am    

Yes, many of the same parts were incorporated into the Transfex Pro 212 amp are incorporated into the Session 2000.
Jim Saunders

Houston, Texas, U.S.A.
Post  Posted 31 Jan 2006 6:39 am    

As I understand it, Peavey abruptly ended production of this great amp due to a problem of obtaining parts for the cashe card reader. In my humble opinion they should continue the amp without the card reader. 256 factory presets, that allow user customization, is enough for most anyone. I'd love to see them continue making the Session 2000. One of their best ever.

------------------
Mullen, Royal Precision, D10, Peavey Nashville 112, Peavey Session 2000, RC2000, Goodrich L120 VP.

Bob Martin

Madison Tn
Post  Posted 1 Feb 2006 4:01 am    

Well I play my lap steel thru my transfex pro and it sounds killer as well as for lead guitar. I'll bet this amp of mine would have enough balz to make it as a light duty steel amp. If you do the low end dive bomb C6 steel licks it might not have it in the bottom end but for general duty stuff I'll bet it would rock oop's I meant country. The nice thing about this one is it's stereo and you can certainly get a good seperation on it.

Bob