| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Profex 2 Question
Richard Tipple

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 21 Sep 2005 9:29 am    

I play some small clubs where a stereo effect would ,I think, work out good. I am going to run out of my NV112 to another power amp into a separate speaker. I can separate delay times to good stereo effect but the question is, does the factory settings on the Profex 2 include any stereo reverbs ? As it is right now any reverb settings are the same for both sides, mono. Is there a way to run separate reverb parameters out of side A & B of the Profex?
Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 21 Sep 2005 11:22 am    

Many of the Profex II reverbs (Newman programs) have different parameters for the left and right so you get the "stereo" effect. The Profex II works like any other unit that has a mono in and "stereo" (two channel) output.

However, if you want "stereo" you do not want to run from one NV112 to another - all you will get that way is two "mono" amps wit the same thing. You need to run from your guitar, to volume pedal to the Profex II input and then run the two Profex II outputs to the POWER AMP in on the two amps (e.g. the Left out to one amp and the right out to the other amp).
Richard Tipple

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 21 Sep 2005 1:06 pm    

Thanks Jack, you are always so helpful
One more question here if I can ,
I have an old cash card for my tubefex that have many good steel pre sets on it, but I dont know if they are the Newman pre sets, or someone elses, since I purchased the Tubefex used a few years ago. Heres the question, how could I tell if some of the reverbs are stereo outputs? would it just be a matter of going through the settings and assume any reverbs that have a left and right output parameter are the stereo verbs,,,,thanks,,,,
Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 21 Sep 2005 1:29 pm    

What's on the "cache" card??? plug it into the Profex II and see what's on there - could be they are actually Profex II programs.

As far as checking a program, look at the reverb and delay. If they have both enabled then you will get "stereo" and if they have different parameters then you will get more of a stereo effect. e.g. on the reverb if the reverb delay is slightly different on the two channels it will tend to enhance the stereo sound. Also, most Newman Profex II programs that have delay, have it programmed as "stereo".
Richard Tipple

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 21 Sep 2005 3:28 pm    

Thanks Jack, I did check the cash card & it does have some Newman pre sets on it
Im still a little confused . The delay and reverb are both enabled on some presets of Jeffs , and the delays are "stereo" delays.
Are you saying there is supposed to be a "stereo" reverb parameter too ? The only reverb parameters I see for reverb are like the "plate" "spring" Etc and the "small" "medium" Etc.
I think I have it in my mind what you are saying in the last post, just want to make sure I understand this stereo reverb parameter thing.
Thanks for taking the time to help me here buddie, I appreciate it so much.
Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 22 Sep 2005 1:35 am    

Richard, there isn't a stereo setting for Reverb in the Profex II, that was my mistake. But the delay does have a stereo option and it's used in the Newman programs.

By having a small difference in the left and right delay times it enhances the stereo sound. Some also run no delay in one channel and delay in the other for the effect, however, you would have to modify (edit) a Newman program to get that as none of his, that I recall, are programmed that way. It's something you can experiment with.
Richard Tipple

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 22 Sep 2005 9:01 am    

Thanks Jack, you have helped me understand the stereo settings on the Profex,,,
So I will just experiment a little here with it

I was reading the Profex 2 manual this morning and it says "The Profex2 offers 8 Stereo Reverbs to the user" this was throwing me off , the reverbs have to be in mono unless there are separate left & right channel parameters which the Profex does not have and true stereo (reverb) units usually run about $1000,00 or more,,,,,,thought I had that option with the Profex there for a while
Thanks for setting me straight there friend,
Richard