| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Goodrich LDR adjustability
Skip Mertz

N.C. (deceased)
Post  Posted 24 May 2005 2:34 pm    

Need some help here anybody? First does anyone have Ollie Goodrichs #? I have an early LDR that has a plate on bottom and I guess an LDR II that doesnt. The II has 3 small adj. screws wich are self explanitory but my original only has one (maybe 2) under the plate. Does anyone know its function? I'm trying to balance the 2 pedals out as far as headroom and full on. A friend of mine has an LDR that must have been made in between these 2 and he cant get a clear tone out of it. It may take some kind of adapter he said cause he cant run 2 amps at once thru it? any help would be appreciated here , thanks Skip
Dennis Wallis

Arkansas
Post  Posted 24 May 2005 3:39 pm    

Goodrich Sound Co. 8733 Silver Creek Rd
Whitehall,MI 49461

Ph 231-893-5702

I sent a Steel Driver III to Ollie to have reapaired recent;y. Haven't gotten it back yet but it shouldn't be too long. He was very courteous and helpful.
Jim Palenscar

Oceanside, Calif, USA
Post  Posted 24 May 2005 8:03 pm    

Hi Skip. The screw under the 1st LDR bottom plate has a similar function to the tone control on the matchbox/impedence matching transformers that have been available. In order to to select the tone you want, play with it while the amp is turned on and slowly rotate the screw after striking a chord or string and you'll hear what I mean. Be careful not to go beyond either stop on the pot.
Skip Mertz

N.C. (deceased)
Post  Posted 24 May 2005 9:46 pm    

thanks guys for response. I think I got it. I talked to Goodrich and its my understanding you MUST USE the adapter type thing with tone controls with the model that has the stange(Midi or XLR) on the side, and underneath a small piece of blk tape is the gain control on the early one I have. the LDR II has 3 screws plainly marked