| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  This bar REALLY does help on reverse slants
oj hicks

Springville, AL
Post  Posted 25 Feb 2002 9:20 pm    

I just received a new stainless steel tone bar manufactured by Jim Burden. Jim, I've been "pickin" of and on for over 50 years and, truthfully, I have never owned a better tone bar. The finish is impeccable (like a mirror). As has been stated on this Forum, your design on the recessed back end of the bar does greatly assist in performing the reverse slants. I have not been able to find one with the right geometry to fit the structure of my hand until you made the 7/8" diameter X 3" long bar for me. The JB 3/4 X 2-3/4" is a great bar but just a bit too small for my long fingers. I will be ordering another one in the near future.

To anyone thinking of purchasing a new steel bar and you can't seem to find the size that's "just right," why not give Jim a chance to get it right for you. And this is not a solicited endorsement...he had no idea how I fell about the new bar. Superb!

Thanks, Jim

oj hicks
Rick Aiello

Berryville, VA USA
Post  Posted 25 Feb 2002 9:34 pm    

Told Ya

Jim made me a 1" x 2 3/4" and a 7/8" x 2 3/4". I just got word from my wife that I can get another one... a 15/16" x 2 3/4" to round out the set.