| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  New Respect for Nashville 1000
Tony Prior

Charlotte NC
Post  Posted 29 Feb 2004 11:08 am    

I've had one now for I guess 2 years..When I gig out I generally play Steel 50/50 with 6 string..I liked the N1000 well enough but I guess never really had to put it thru it's paces..I generally gig out with a Hot Rod Deville 2x12 for both Steel and Guitar.

Last night I got invited to play a gig on Steel..100%..no guitar..with another local band.They do play pretty loud.....not offensive, just a big room and lots of volume..not clashy..It actually sounded pretty fine..

I just want to restate..the Nashville 1000 , although I was playin' pretty dang loud at times...had room to spare..and was very consistent in tone .

The guys in the band commented on how the Steel really cut thru when required.

2 fairly dominant rhythm Acoustics, Tele', Bass and drums..good overall sound for the Band, lots of rhythm..and then there was the Steel ! The dual acoustics is the driving force behind the band and I tell ya what..I like it pretty good..

They cover George, Waylon, Merle , Hank..etc..nice set list..

A new respect for this amp..I had considered selling it off..not anymore...

Now if I could just keep up with these young kids..they are pretty awesome..

t

John Floyd

R.I.P.
Post  Posted 1 Mar 2004 6:45 am    

Betcha that it isn't as heavy as the Hot Rod Deville. The 1000 is a great clean guitar amp too, If I didn't have the rack rig I have, the Nashville 1000 would be my next choice. I haven't been a fan in a long time of tube amps since they deteriorate much faster than solid state. I have a friend in The Norfolk Va area who bought one of the 1st 1000's and from time to time he tries to use a smaller amp on some of his smaller gigs, he always goes and gets the 1000 out of his Van, because the smaller ones just don't cut it.
Mike Brown

Meridian, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 1 Mar 2004 9:05 am    

Tony and John, thanks for your kind comments and support. The Peavey Nashville Series of amplifiers are the most advanced steel guitar amplifiers to date.

If anyone has questions concerning these models, please feel free to contact me here at the Peavey factory by calling toll free at 1-877-732-8391.

Mike Brown
Peavey Electronics Corporation