| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Nashville 112 vs 1000
Allen

Littleton, CO USA
Post  Posted 4 Feb 2004 3:38 pm    

I have read great things on the 112. Wish it had been around when I bought my 1000 (which I love). My question is: would it make sense to sell my 1000, or trade it for a 112? I never play out. The psg is for my own enjoyment. My 1000 has never left my study/music room in the two years I have owned it. You can see that the 1000 is a bit much for the room I play in.

------------------
Allen Harry
Zum SD10
Nashville 1000

Donny Hinson

Glen Burnie, Md. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 4 Feb 2004 5:52 pm    

Unless you're really cramped for space, I think you should keep what you got!
Jim Saunders

Houston, Texas, U.S.A.
Post  Posted 11 Feb 2004 1:39 pm    

Allen, The advantage of the 112, as I understand it, is the reduced weight for guys hauling them around to small clubs and gigs. This shouldn't be an issue since yours stays at home. I'd keep what you have, hands down. I use a Session 2000 at home and his has a killer tone, loud or soft. The Session 2000 is esentially the 1000, but with built-in effects. Otherwise the same wattage and 15"BW.
Gere Mullican

LaVergne, Tennessee, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 13 Feb 2004 7:28 am    

The Nashville 112 that I just bought from Bobbe totally surprised me. I have been using a Nashville 400 for a long time but it got so heavy it wore me out to haul it around. Last night was the first time the 112 had been plugged in and I was really impressed with the sound. And I don't impress easily. The place is not real big but it is a lot bigger than a room in a house. I believe except for maybe an outdoor thing the 112 would be just fine. And only one of them. Thanks Peavey for a great light weight amp and thanks Bobbe Seymour treating us guys fairly.
Mike Brown

Meridian, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 13 Feb 2004 9:38 am    

You are welcome! Thanks for support our products.

By the way if anyone is interested, our Peavey dealer, El Cerrito Music Works in El Cerrito, California has three brand new Session 2000's in their stock for sale. It seems that they purchased a quantity of these when they first came out. I just found this out. fyi..
seldomfed

Colorado
Post  Posted 13 Feb 2004 12:42 pm    

If it's paid for, keep it It's a great amp. The 112 is good too.

I plug the 112's XLR into the PA and it will kick it out in any size venue. Outdoors, indoors - as long as the PA is good. I've not played in a situation for a long time where there's no PA, so can't say how it would do 'naked' so-2-speak. But it's plenty loud for the bands I work with.
chris

------------------
Chris Kennison
Ft. Collins, Colorado
"There is no spoon"
www.book-em-danno.com