| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Peterson VS II vs. Korg DTR-1000
Robert Herr

Willow Street,Pa
Post  Posted 6 Sep 2003 4:49 am    

I tune my steel by following the Jeff Newman settings for E-9TH which vary off 440.Of the steelers who are using either of these two tuners which seems to be the easiest to use?
Jim Palenscar

Oceanside, Calif, USA
Post  Posted 16 Sep 2003 2:01 pm    

I'm not sure about the Korg but the new Peterson is terrific! It is easy to see and also has a programmable feature that enables setting it up perfectly for your guitar taking into consideration the fact that each guitar has different amounts of cabinet drop.
Bob Hempker

Goodlettsville, TN.
Post  Posted 20 Sep 2003 6:19 am    

Can anyone tell me if you plug directly into the new Peterson and run through it whether or not it affects your tone. Some of the more expensive tuners don't, but the smaller tuners do. I'm addicted to running into a tuner before anything else. I have a Boss tu-12, I think. I have to go through an A-B box to isolate the tuner. It makes for more crap to hook up and two things to switch back and forth instead of one. I always liked the old Conn strobe tuner, so the Peterson sounds interesting to me. I would just like to know about running directly into it before anything else affects your tone.

------------------
Erv Niehaus

Litchfield, MN, USA
Post  Posted 20 Sep 2003 6:43 am    

The best way I've figured out to wire in a tuner is to have two outputs on your foot volume control. That's what I do; run one chord to the amp and the other to the tuner. I use a Boss w/a little clamp on gizmo that mounts to a leg on my steel.
Erv