| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Nice Steels On Market
Robert

Chicago
Post  Posted 8 Nov 2001 7:26 am    

Every now and then you'll see fertile times in the non-pedal market - I've been reading about people getting great deals on guitars lately - it reminds us: the great ones aren't all taken, and even the ones that are eventually end up on the market again. I'm too lazy to post links - but you all know how to find these: e bay has a beautiful Stringmaster (erroneously listed as a Dual Professional, FYI) that still has 3 days left on the bidding, and Elderly had a mint-looking (refin?) Rickenbacker D-8 - one big old guitar! Walnut cabinet, nice. Anyway, I post this info for the guys on the prowl, and in hopes that one of us might buy these guitars, so they can be played - and so I won't buy them myself!

Rob Yale

[This message was edited by Robert on 08 November 2001 at 10:40 AM.]

Ray Montee

Portland, Oregon (deceased)
Post  Posted 9 Nov 2001 10:28 am    

Nice words of encouragement Robert.

Years ago, about 50 to be more specific, I had wanted a Bakelite Rick just like my idol JB had played for years (as displayed on JB's album jacket "Hi Fi Guitar"). I had been told with the voice of authority by virtually every musician friend I had by then acquired, that "those old Ricks" more than likely had all turned to dust by this point in time.

Like you said, and I feel great advice:
KEEP LOOKING for what it is you want and do be patient. The Forum has provided me with one six string Rick in fabulous shape and with a great, great sound. Two more I have acquired thro' eBay. Another thro' word of mouth; and a friend found my first one right here in town during one of his visits to this area. Altho' one addit'l Rick was stolen a little over a year ago, the Ricks I now have were acquired within the last three months. I have a total of five in addition to a dbl-8 wood body that I purchased in 1965.... and play them all.

You never know WHERE or WHEN your dream machine might turn up......but if you keep looking.....it's very likely it will turn up and sooner than you ever imagined.

Good Luck!

Todd Weger

Safety Harbor, FLAUSA
Post  Posted 14 Nov 2001 6:31 am    

I agree with you guys. I was looking for a 24.5" Stringmaster Triple-8 around July, and got turned on to several short scale and other instruments, but nothing that really floated my boat.

I have to thank Jody Carver and Ricky Davis, who were both HUGE helps in urging me to just "hang in there," and hold out for what I really was looking for (in this case, a mid-late 50's 24.5" T-Cool. Well, eventually, one became available, and now stands in my living room getting about 3 hours a play time a day.

Yep, just hold on, keep searching and you'll find what you want eventually.

TJW

------------------
Todd James Weger/RD/RTD
1956 Fender Stringmaster T-8 (Amaj9, C6, A6); 1960 Fender Stringmaster D-8 (E13, C6) through an old Super Reverb or Deluxe; Melobar SLS lapsteel (open G); Chandler RH-4 Koa semi-hollow lapsteel (A6)