| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Att: Ted Smith
klinke

denmark
Post  Posted 22 Aug 2001 8:57 am    

Hey Ted !
As I've seen, you spend quite a bit of time here, and because your e-mail is out of order, I thought that this would be the best way of reaching you. Maybe you read my mail from the other day, but if you didn't, I was just exploring the possibility of purchasing a lap steel from the 'specials' section on your page, more specific the older LS with the custom Lawrence pick-up. I was wondering if it would be impossible to ship it to Denmark, but offcourse I'd like to know a bit about the wonder first, Distortion ?, good Blues-sound ? those kind of things.
I understand that there is a bit of a lacquer problem with it ?
Hope you read this and feel the need to write back
your friend Waldemar Have, Denmark
Ted Smith

Idaho - shot of Jeff Peterson, Ted and Smith Curry "Nothing but the taillights tour"
Post  Posted 23 Aug 2001 6:52 am    

Try, ted@melobar.com, should get through and I try to return all email if it has guitar in the subject, (had some problems last month with a virus so I'm selective on opening anything up).

I have one LS, and it will have a Duncan pickup which will be bright and very raunchy set up that way. But you can't beat that price, shipping is around $80. The finish on the old LS models looks good but this is from 6 years ago when we used to laminate a side on - so it has a slight line bump there (now everything is in one solid block of wood which is increasingly harder to find in 8 quarter).

Better email for the prices and all or Brad will have to lock it up.

Blues tone really is best in the SXL, you have 2 XL-500 Lawrence Pickups and that middle to Rhythm selection, on the 24 1/2" scale, in one block of wood, is an amazing throaty blues tone with all the sustain in the world. About 7 more will be built end of this year into next January.

Hope that helps.

Ted

[This message was edited by Ted Smith on 23 August 2001 at 07:56 AM.]

David Stehman

Port Orchard, WA, USA
Post  Posted 29 Aug 2001 12:40 am    

Ted - Sounds like what I'm looking for.
I'll email you at the email address.
Dave