| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Fender Bandmaster Amp
Donny Hinson

Glen Burnie, Md. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 26 Apr 2002 8:01 am    

I'd say somewhere between $200 & $600. I know that's a lot of lattitude, but a lot depends on the age and condition. With the 2-letter code on the tube chart, you can tell it's age, and that's important. Condition is VERY important! Is the Tolex covering in good shape (no tears or burns), is the chassis just dirty...or is it rusted (big depreciation for rust). Have any modifications been made (extra switches, new or different knobs, possible internal circuit mods) that might detract from it being "original" (big depreciation here, too). Lastly...does it work???

Sorry I can't be of more help, but to arrive at a detailed evaluation, we need detailed information.

[This message was edited by Donny Hinson on 26 April 2002 at 09:02 AM.]

Michael Holland

Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 26 Apr 2002 2:14 pm    

The Vintage Guitar Price Guide 6th Edition lists the Bandmaster amp, silverface ('68 - '73) in excellent condition at a range of $450 to $650. That's including the 2-12 cabinet. Blackfaces ('63 - '67) range $500 to $1,000 (for the '63), again in exc and with original cabinet.

Ken Fox

Nashville GA USA
Post  Posted 27 Apr 2002 7:22 am    

Using Ebay as a guide, if it's a blackface, non-reverb you are looking at about $350.00 in top condition. I have watched the vintage market a lot for the last three years and that seems to be the going price, plus or minus. If it's a blond it is worth up to twice that! The Silverface reverb models are becomimg popular as well now. People are using them to create a "Vibroclone". Basically that is a "Vibroverb" made from the chassis, a new 1'15" cabinet, and a D-140F JBL. The Vibroverb was made famous by Stevie Ray Vaughn, hense the move to creating these amps!
I picked up a 1966 Bandmaster last year in need of repair for $95.00 plus freight. I built a 2-10" Fender clone cabinet for it. They are a great 40 watt amp. A good crunchy tone for the Tele!!

[This message was edited by Ken Fox on 27 April 2002 at 08:24 AM.]