| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Amp repairmen - I need a favor
Darvin Willhoite

Roxton, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 1 Aug 2001 7:24 am    

I bought a modified '65 Princeton Reverb a few months ago that was damaged in shipment. I filed a claim with USPS and knowing that it could take a long time, I went ahead and repaired the amp. Now they refuse to process the claim without a written estimate from an amp repairman. Can any of you guys help? If you can, send me an email and I'll give you the details. I'll be happy to pay you for your time.

------------------
Darvin Willhoite
Riva Ridge Recording
Bob Metzger

Waltham (Boston), MA, USA
Post  Posted 3 Aug 2001 11:58 am    

Darvin,
I would find out who are the local repair people in and around Leander. (Or maybe you need to widen the circle by a few more miles.) Who have you gone to in the past for repair problems? Do you have any rapport with any repair people in your area? It would help tremenously if you could take the amp to a repair person, show them what's been done and they could then corroborate and/or document what has been done to the amp. It's very tough sight unseen, especially when USPS in involved. Unfortunately, I've had that pleasure already.

Bob

P.S. Somehow, this reply came out as a seperate thread, unintentionally. My apologies.
Jim Smith

Midlothian, TX, USA
Post  Posted 3 Aug 2001 12:12 pm    

Not that I would ever do this, but I've heard of people creating their own invoice with a built in Microsoft Word template.