| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  From Nashville 400 to Nashville 1000
Bob Tuttle

Republic, MO 65738
Post  Posted 7 Mar 2001 6:32 pm    

I'd like to hear from anyone who has gone from using a Nashville 400 amp to a Nashville 1000. How did the control settings vary in order to get approximately the same tone? In other words, If you were currently playing through a 400 and were used to a certain sound and you were going to set in and play through someone's 1000, would there be much difference in the position of the controls to get a sound that you were used to?
Wow! Now I'm confused.
Thanks.....Bob
Steve Leonard

Bristol,VA.,U.S.A
Post  Posted 8 Mar 2001 9:26 pm    

Bob, I have a Nashville 1000, a Nashville 400, and a Vegas 400 and I set the controls the same on all of them and can't tell any difference in tone. I do think that the 1000 has a cleaner, more dynamic sound though.
Roger Crawford

Griffin, GA USA
Post  Posted 9 Mar 2001 2:24 pm    

I've kept everything pretty much the same except the low setting. Went from a 3:00 to 1:00 there. The 1000 has a ton of bass response.
Mike Brown

Meridian, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 14 Mar 2001 3:38 pm    

I frequently use the various Peavey amps(400's, 1000's, 2000's) just to keep familiar with the voicing of them. I can't say that I have EVER had a problem with dialing in a good tone with any of them.

I use approximately the same settings on the 400 that I use on a 1000. The only controls that I tweak now and then are the HIGH and PRESENCE controls. I'm sure that these are affected by room conditions. My settings are usually as follows;
LOW-(+6)
MID-(-6 TO 9)
SHIFT-800HZ.
HIGH-(0 TO +3)
PRESENCE-(0 TO +3)

Thanks for purchasing Peavey products.
Bob Tuttle

Republic, MO 65738
Post  Posted 14 Mar 2001 5:23 pm    

Thanks for the replies. I had an ulterior motive for asking about the settings. I play through the Nashville 400 all the time but, rather than take my amp to the Dallas show, I intended to use one of the Nashville 1000's that they have on stage. I did use one and set it about like I do my 400. I thought the amp sounded great, and had several compliments on the tone of my Carter D10 through the 1000.
Thanks again for the responses.

------------------
Bobby Tuttle