| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Looking for Vol./Tone Mini-Pots for MSA
Chuck Martin

Clifton, Virginia
Post  Posted 20 Feb 2001 4:26 pm    

I'm in the process of doing a partial restoration of a 1977 MSA Classic D-10 and would like to replace the volume and tone controls (two mini-pots) mounted behind the back neck. Does anyone know where I can get these and what their ohm values are? I haven't taken the old ones off yet but have determined that they are pretty much beat. I know I could just by-pass them but would prefer to keep the guitar stock.

Thanks in advance for any information.

Chuck
Kevin Walker

Roanoke,VA. UNITED STATES
Post  Posted 21 Feb 2001 4:23 pm    

Chuck,
I can probably help you. I've got the entire fuzz assembly off of a '76 Classic that I sold awhile back. I took it all off and made a new backing plate using the old as a pattern. I kept all of this stuff, I think. I'll have to do some digging. If I remember correctly, the set-up consisted of a volume and tone pot, a small toggle switch to cut the fuzz circuit on and off, and a small electronic circuit board.
If you're interested; e-mail address is: walker.susan@worldnet.att.net
,Kevin
Jim Smith

Midlothian, TX, USA
Post  Posted 21 Feb 2001 4:26 pm    

I think the MSA's I had that were built before 1976 just had tone and volume, no fuzz.
Dave Van Allen

Doylestown, PA , US , Earth
Post  Posted 22 Feb 2001 8:40 am    

mine is a 74; the mini-pots (volume and tone) self destructed circa 1982.. I hardwired straight to the neck selector mini-toggle and it's been like that ever since, til the mini toggle bit the dust last year... looking for a three position on-on-on mini toggle now, have an either/or in there till I can find one

of course my MSA has been abused terribly and I don't give a hoot about stock... but despite the abuse it still keeps it's tuning and plays reasonably smooth. it clanks a bit more than I'd like and I still want to retrofit some humbuckers in it- hum has been the bane of my existance since I got this axe new...but that means routing out the necks and I ain't got around to it yet....