| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Hot Apple Pie
Steve Stallings

Houston/Cypress, Texas
Post  Posted 17 Oct 2005 1:24 pm    

We played a job Saturday night at the Austin County Fair with two other bands. Jack Ingram was the headliner. Hot Apple Pie came on after us. What an incredible group. The bass player is also a steel player. His name is Keith Horne. He plays left handed and has a JCH. He told me that he played bass on two of Jimmy's CD's. He also plays regular guitar... quite well. Keith and I talked steel for probably an hour. He was raving about jamming with Randle Curry in Nashvegas... Sparky Matejka, the lead guitarist is flat great. He actually is a Texas boy who had been with Charlie Daniels.
Brady Seals (Little Texas) was also a very talented keyboard and guitar player. Trey, the drummer was pretty solid. Anyway, these guys flat smoked. The vocals were stunningly good and the instrumental work absolutely first tier. What a treat... If you get a chance to go see these guys, do it!

------------------
God Bless,
Steve Stallings

Brett Day

Pickens, SC
Post  Posted 17 Oct 2005 10:42 pm    

Steve, the guys who are in Hot Apple Pie with Brady are the same guys who were in his band after he left Little Texas. That's awesome that the bass player plays steel too. Brett, Emmons S-10, Morrell lapsteel, GFI Ultra D-10
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Brett Day

Pickens, SC
Post  Posted 17 Oct 2005 10:45 pm    

I think Jack Ingram used to be a steel player too. Brett, Emmons S-10, Morrell lapsteel, GFI Ultra D-10
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
c c johnson

killeen,tx usa * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 18 Oct 2005 8:01 am    

Steve, is that the reason the Bremond Tigers can't win anything? they fight inatead of relly playing the game. Sorry.Steve. couldn't resist. I had a guy to say the same about the "Fighting Kangaroos. CC
John LeMaster

North Florida
Post  Posted 18 Oct 2005 12:29 pm    

Steve, I agree that Keith Horne is an incredible talent. I had the good fortune to play a few gigs with him before he joined Hot Apple Pie. He can make a Telecaster talk and he is unbelievable on bass. Great singer, too.

Haven't heard him play steel, but it does not surprise me that he would be a very good steel player.

Heard him play The National Anthem - solo- on a six-string bass guitar, using many chord positions, and not that many single-string notes. Awesome.

John L.