| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Nashville Star winner on GOO.?
kyle reid

Butte,Mt.usa
Post  Posted 22 May 2005 6:12 am    

Singing live on the Opry [TV] for her first time at age 18! I thought she was remarkable!
Janice Brooks

Pleasant Gap Pa
Post  Posted 22 May 2005 6:44 am    

But what about her outfit?
Tony Prior

Charlotte NC
Post  Posted 22 May 2005 7:23 am    

I hate that I am gonna comment..but I will anyway..

the gal won the contest, she earned the privledge to be on the big stage.. I thougt the same last night as I did watching the contest show..she has NO vocal strength across the full range...She is suffering and working hard on the low end... She's cute, smiles nice, has excellent stage appeal,but at the end of the day she is gonna need a strong song that fits her voice.

If I was her lable producer I would have had her singing two hot new tunes, not a cover tune in the mix....you only get one chance for a first impression....

She sang a new song but the only thing I remember is the cover of I'm Not Lisa...

She made it to the Opry..I hope she can survive THE OPRY...

By the way , what happened to last years winner ? He was "also" the "next" SUPERSTAR as I recall...He also made it to the Opry once , maybe twice..

I wish the gal good fortune ..but shes gonna need more luck than anything I suspect..

Unfortunatley the lable is burning CD's rght now, her window is right now, today..she needs to make it happen right now. Vocal coaching to give her more ability in a year from now will be a year to late..

I hope they have given her the opportunity with a producer that recognizes exactly what she brings to the table and lets her do it...

t

[This message was edited by Tony Prior on 23 May 2005 at 06:32 AM.]

David L. Donald

Koh Samui Island, Thailand
Post  Posted 22 May 2005 11:07 am    

Reading between the lines
she needs 1 year of a great vocal coach.

This could giver the tools for a career.
She's got the shot, but still needs training.
Eric West

Portland, Oregon, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 22 May 2005 11:25 am    

Well, the Staff Steel Player in the future is going to have his/her work cut out for them..

But wait......

EJL
Theresa Galbraith

Goodlettsville,Tn. USA
Post  Posted 22 May 2005 5:03 pm    

I was impressed with her debut. She sang well and showed professionalism. "I break things" is her first single. Radio stations here are playing it. Sounds like her next single will be "I'm not Lisa". I think it's refreshing to hear young talent recording songs from the past too!

Way to go Erika Jo! If radio gets behind her she's here to stay.
Joe Casey

Weeki Wachee .Springs FL (population.9)
Post  Posted 23 May 2005 5:14 am    

I have to agree with both side but more so for Erica jos efforts. This is a fresh YOUNG talent. I am sure the parents have brought her to sit in with every Karoeke,area band ect and in the process have given her a great stage and audience grabber presence.There is talent here and time to grow into a great career.I am not sure she was the best in that popularity contest, actually I am not sure any of them could have emerged with instant star status.But they competed for a chance...She won and now we should give her a chance.Her first efforts may not be her best,but as before stated she is only 18 and a recent high schooler.How many past artist were shaking in their boots at their first Opry appearance? She did pretty darn good in my book.

------------------
Smiley 22-9 Crank&pull&push pro model Deluxe with auto string changer.500ft. roll.

Stephen Gambrell

Over there
Post  Posted 23 May 2005 4:08 pm    

She won a contest. One of the prizes was an appearance on the Grand Ole Opry. She looked decent, sounded OK---in other words, she collected her prize.