| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  J Byrd appearance
Jerry Johnston

Roscommon,MI. USA
Post  Posted 11 Oct 2000 6:58 am    

Can anyone clue me in on Jerry Byrd's apearance in the Joliet,IL area (I think) sometime this month. I thought it was around the 23rd. ???

Jerry Johnston

------------------
George Keoki Lake

Edmonton, AB., Canada
Post  Posted 11 Oct 2000 8:07 pm    

Sorry Jerry, but as we have discussed previously in this FORUM, Jerry won't be coming to the Convention this year. He is one very busy man, and at 80 years of age, I'll be surprised if we see him at any future conventions being held on the Mainland. I'm not there yet, (just a "youngster" at 72), but even at this age, all that long travel for a 3 day appearance holds very little appeal to me. Plan to attend the HSGA Convention in Waikiki next Spring...he will probably be there to wow everyone! Those of us who have attended the many past Mainland conventions must consider ourselves very fortunate to have enjoyed his genius and presence during those
events....the likes of which we'll never see or hear again, (at least, not in this lifetime!)
Garryharris

Hendersonville, TN USA
Post  Posted 16 Oct 2000 2:13 pm    

I think it is a foregone conclusion that Jerry is not coming to the ZI. At his age we shouldn't want him to risk taking this long journey. Last year I flew in to Nashville from south Florida. The Nashville airport was socked in because of fogg. We went in to a holding pattern south of Nashville for about an hour then we had to go to Louisville to refuel. When I finally got into Nashville my ride had long gone and I was so tired that I caught a taxi home. The taxi fare was about half of my air fare.