| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Dwight Yoakum
norma qualls

siloam springs ar
Post  Posted 4 Oct 2003 5:59 am    

I got to see Dwight in concert at Springdale Ar Civic Center for the first time. I was disappointed at first because there was no steel, fiddle, or piano. But after he got started with only a 4 piece band which included him I was soon very much entertained. His lead man (Kieth) switched playing 4 different guitars, banjo and mandelion. Also doing back-up vocals. Dwight is really a good guitar and rhythm player also. His bass man mainly played the upright bass. He did play the electric bass on a couple of songs, also singing back-up. The drummer was very good also. He did a tribute to Waylon Jennings and Johnny Cash. I really hate to say this but you didn't miss the instruments that weren't there because of the variety sounds they accomplished with the lead player. The crowd went wild and he came back for an encore and still left the croud yelling for more. He is one of the few entertainers who has so much chrisma and talent to please so many age groups. If he's ever around I suggest you go and see him. You won't be disappointed!
Ricky Davis

Bertram, Texas USA
Post  Posted 4 Oct 2003 9:02 am    

That's my good friend Keith Gattis playing guitar etc...with Dwight....and Keith is a multitalented young man that can play any and everything and sing his Butt off...and is a great asset to have around.
Keith had a major recording deal in Nashville several years ago...and the CD didn't do as well as expected and he was let go....>"IT WAS TOO COUNTRY".
Ricky
norma qualls

siloam springs ar
Post  Posted 4 Oct 2003 11:31 am    

I think Dwight mentioned he was going to have a cd out very soon. Maybe he was talking about a new one. Man I think he could play any type of music. He is very talented. They are coming through Texas playing one night stands on their way back to Ca. He also is a very good entertainer. He and Dwight must have worked up some of the same moves!
Donna Dodd

Acworth, Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 4 Oct 2003 12:03 pm    

Norma - Dwight was here in Atlanta last week, and we saw the same show (well, not the SAME show, but the same format
The show was at Cowboys -- a nice club, but mostly young people looking for someone to have a good time with, rather than the stage. I think when they saw it was mostly acoustic the majority didn't know what to do. I heard several calling it Blue grass, and how they couldn't dance to Bluegrass. The noise level of people talking was overwhelming - as we went for one reason, and one reason ONLY - to hear Dwight. In spite of the immature audience, we enjoyed Dwight very much. I have always liked "She wore Red Dresses", but never heard him do it live. WOW!!!! Someone told me years ago that when his mother comes to hear him, SHE usually wears RED.
Yes, I agree, Dwight's show was terrific!!
donna